This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game can you consider is near perfect?

#171PressStartPlzPosted 7/9/2013 11:20:26 AM
Deus Ex. I'm currently playing through it for the first time (got it for $3 a few weeks ago at a mom-and-pop store in my area) and I'm loving every second of it. It's so well done that I can't find anything wrong with it. Just might be my new favorite game of all time next to Metal Gear Solid (which is also near perfect).
---
This post was made possible by contributions to your PBS station from viewers like you. Thank you.
#172bigybriPosted 7/9/2013 12:37:59 PM
Good to see many votes for N64 games, after all it did invent the analog controller and rumble pak. Although my favorite N64 game is "RE 2", yes I like tank controls and it was released on PSone 1 year earlier. I just couldn't believe the difference in the scenarios, scarred the heck out of me.

All time? "Halo" CE for the XBOX, such universal appeal to all gamers hardcore and casual. The story is timeless, to learn what HALO"s true purpose as a weapon was classic.
---
The Infinite Improbability Drive is our New Hope
#173Damon PlusPosted 7/9/2013 4:54:44 PM
There are some games that, while not being my favorites, I recognise them as some of the best rounded packages ever made, with no big flaws at all:

Super Mario Bros 3- Nes
Tecmo Super Bowl- Nes
Megaman 2- Nes (3 is my favorite, but I now consider 2 the better of the two)
Tetris- Nes
Soul Calibur- Dreamcast (shame it hasn't been mentioned yet)
Virtua Tennis- Dreamcast
A link to the Past- Snes
Military Madness- Turbografx-16 (yes, I said that)
Streets of Rage 2- Genesis
Sonic 3 & Knuckles- Genesis
Batman: Arkham City- X360

There are some honorable mentions:

Super Mario Kart: Cheap AI takes this out for me
Sonic 2: It pains me to say it, but there are some glitches and average stages towards the middle of the game
Shining Force 2: Some repetitiveness in graphics and a bit easy after some plays.
Wonder Boy III Dragon's Trap- A bit easy and short, but I love this one.
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#174lowkey5Posted 7/10/2013 10:10:34 AM
im a new gamer but over these past 2 and a half months ive played a few games but and i have three games that are perfect and they are,

GTA San Andreas
TES Skyrim
Battlefield 3
---
Xbl:mpirerulez
#175Magemasher256Posted 7/10/2013 1:52:30 PM
Final Fantasy IX is probably the closest thing that comes close to perfect for me. Vivi will be my single favorite video game character until the day I die.

Since we are in the XBox360 area, I will also say Borderlands and Gears of War 3 are darn good games in their own rights, and the closest to perfect on this console.

I'll throw in Final Fantasy VII as close to perfect as well. The best thing about the PS FF games is that they hold up well 15 years later. I went back and played FFX again and it simply didn't hold up.
#176MrluzoPosted 7/10/2013 2:41:24 PM
Football Manager 2006. 1 Champions League, 4 Premierships, 1 League One play off win and an F.A cup with Cardiff City.

Plus signed James Flood on a free and sold him to Real Madrid for 45 Million.
#177KID VIDPosted 7/12/2013 5:54:01 PM
Someone should add up all the games mentioned in this topic so we can see who's "in the lead" for most perfect game.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#178SoincMetalPosted 7/12/2013 5:56:57 PM
Streets of Rage Series
TMNT Turtles in Time

don't know how many times i've beat those games. 20+ each!
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#179Samman123Posted 7/17/2013 9:37:05 AM(edited)
Resident Evil 4
GTA: San Andreas
Batman Arkham Asylum/City
Gears of War 3
Half-Life 1
Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 (3 and 4 were trash)
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m695gfTxCZ1r06evx.gif