This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

External Hard Drive advice

#1doc79Posted 7/8/2013 11:41:44 AM
Right now I am using a 60GB hard drive, almost used up due to downloading Content, and installed games. I would like to know what type of name brand, external hard drives can I use on my system, I am seeking at least 100GB or higher. I would by another Hard Drive for my 360 but I feel uncomfortable switching hard drives back and forth, and these hard drives are expensive. Any help will be appreciated
#2RenamonPosted 7/8/2013 11:46:21 AM(edited)
If you intend to use it for game stuff, then you can get any size, but keep in mind the 360 will only be able to use 32 GB max for external USB drives.

If you're talking about official xbox removable hard drives, then I think the max right now is 320 GB?

Honestly though, just save your money and delete stuff you're not using anymore and you'll be able to keep using the 60 GB drive.

---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3TheBlueStigPosted 7/8/2013 12:16:59 PM
doc79 posted...
I would by another Hard Drive for my 360 but I feel uncomfortable switching hard drives back and forth

You don't keep switching them out, you buy one big drive and transfer everything.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4JanayBerryPosted 7/8/2013 1:32:42 PM
I attached my old 500Gb PS3 hard drive to my 360 as an external. It only gives 32Gb minus 512Mb for system memory.
---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
#5doc79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 2:27:11 PM
Renamon posted...
If you intend to use it for game stuff, then you can get any size, but keep in mind the 360 will only be able to use 32 GB max for external USB drives.

If you're talking about official xbox removable hard drives, then I think the max right now is 320 GB?

Honestly though, just save your money and delete stuff you're not using anymore and you'll be able to keep using the 60 GB drive.

See, reason why it's so full because I installed most of my games on it, to keep my games from freezing, or slowing down. Now the Hard Drives I see for sale are only for the Slim Xbox 360, for the original 360, either they are used, refurbished, or 3rd party hard drives.

Sure I can delete my stuff, keep my system clean, and use a CD cleaner, but since my games are all used, except Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Wolverine Origins, there is nothing worse than playing a game, while you are in the middle of completing a mission or finishing a race, the damn game freezes.

The game is saved, true, but it can be frustrating from time to time. I had problems with Forza 3 and 4 freezing on me when I adding performance parts to the cars, (eventually I sold them anyway, got bored of the same tracks)