This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V Gameplay Trailer.

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2013 9:11:31 AM
Looks great.

MUD VIPER posted...
Since R* put back in all the "useless crap" as IV apologist referred to it as, does that mean less people will buy this?

In all seriousness though it "appears" R* might make up for the snooze fest that GTA IV was. Time will tell, still gonna try before I buy.

IV was one of the best games ever made, and I don't recall a single person defending it on the basis of less mini-game activities outside of saying it was the first GTA of a new generation so it stood to reason they didn't have time to include as many extra things. Reaching much? People defended it for the (slightly) more realistic/grounded tone, and that looks just as present versus older games/SR as ever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#32blk911Posted 7/9/2013 9:20:48 AM
Jas_Pata posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, but after watching the gameplay trailer, I went from no interest to GIVE ME THE FRIGGIN' GAME ALREADY!!

Was the footage taken from console play or PC?

From the PS3. Button prompts.

Are you sure because it looks like PC Gameplay. PS3 graphics aren't that good.
#33scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2013 9:26:08 AM
blk911 posted...
Jas_Pata posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City, but after watching the gameplay trailer, I went from no interest to GIVE ME THE FRIGGIN' GAME ALREADY!!

Was the footage taken from console play or PC?

From the PS3. Button prompts.

Are you sure because it looks like PC Gameplay. PS3 graphics aren't that good.

1) There is no PC version atm, 2) if there was they'd use a 360 pad, 3) they confirmed via twitter, and 4) Rockstar doesn't pull that s***.
---
#34DxZ99Posted 7/9/2013 9:30:25 AM
Xbox One buzz has officially become ''Wasted''
#35SimilacPosted 7/9/2013 9:37:03 AM
awesome R* cant wait
#36TRC-G00SEPosted 7/9/2013 10:04:15 AM
I as not planning on getting it because gta4 got old quick. But this looks insane.
---
****!
#37scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2013 10:20:57 AM
DxZ99 posted...
Xbox One buzz has officially become ''Wasted''

I can't believe MS isn't shelling out for a port. It seems like the biggest no duh way to one up PS4 (temporarily). "Next gen version of GTAV, only on Xbox One" Even if a PS4 port came 6-12 months later it would be a huge boost. Oh well, I'm glad they aren't, I don't intend to get XO.
---
#38velvet_hammerPosted 7/9/2013 10:35:33 AM
didnt show anything new.. just shiny graphics and putting back everything they took out of 4.. not impressed, also not the evolution of open world I was expecting.. Everything I have seen from watchdogs looks just as good if not better
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#39MUD VIPERPosted 7/9/2013 10:55:46 AM
IV was one of the best games ever made, and I don't recall a single person defending it on the basis of less mini-game activities outside of saying it was the first GTA of a new generation so it stood to reason they didn't have time to include as many extra things. Reaching much?? People defended it for the (slightly) more realistic/grounded tone, and that looks just as present versus older games/SR as ever.

1. Then you weren't paying attention. The biggest complaint from people who disliked the game was that R* took everything out. The biggest defense from IV apologist was that they were glad R* took out all that stuff.

2. Don't know much about game development do you? The whole "it was our first entry into a new console, new engine, new animation system, etc, etc" is an excuse developers who are scared to put all their eggs into one basket use, problem is there are other developers who prove them and that excuse wrong. But defenders hang onto every word a developer tells them like its gospel.

3. Nope, just informing you of the reality of the thousands of GTA IV complaint threads.

4. People like yourself defended it because you are too insecure to like it but at the same time admit its glaring flaws, either that or just entertain very, very easily. Taking subtle shots at games like SR also proves you are one of the many apologist that do not realize its ok to like both( I'm sure you will reply now saying otherwise).

5. I don't have a problem with people who think GTA IV was the greatest game ever made, hell there are people who think watching paint dry is the greatest entertainment on earth...different strokes. For me it sucked and judging by all the youtube videos R* work feverishly to have pulled shortly after release showing gamestops with entire walls covered with used GTA IV copies stacked 7 deep it sucked for a few other people as well. If R* brings the noise with GTA V then awesome, they will once again earn my money if not then so be it because I'm sure the game will entertain quite a few people.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#40TheBlueStigPosted 7/9/2013 11:02:46 AM
You can plainly see that the person is playing with a mouse and that this is running on a PC, no controller works that smoothly and accurately.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin