This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about auto renewal/payment info

#1ptreemf12Posted 7/9/2013 10:43:50 AM
Okay so... After a very annoying process, I finally managed to change the email associated with my Live/Microsoft account. With that out of the way, I decided to turn off auto-renewal for live (to go retail) and remove the expired credit card from the payment options list.

It's now telling me that I can't remove the payment option (or have to replace it with another one) because my current subscription is linked to the current card (which as I stated, expired).

So my question is, when my gold expires on August 8th, can I finally remove the payment info then? It flat out refuses to let me remove it now, even though the last year was already paid for, and the card is expired. I'm going to be renewing gold with prepaid cards from now on, so I don't want that pointless expired information on my account.

It also said some BS about if I use a prepaid card to renew my subscription before it expires on the 8th, that auto-renewal will be turned back on. WTF? The card is expired you morons, and why would you turn on auto-renewal if I JUST paid with a card?

... Yeah. Any info? I want my old payment info off my account asap. I'm fine with waiting, but it's a pain.
---
Every dang time...
#2Ryan2002Posted 7/9/2013 10:46:08 AM
Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they will take care of it for you. Takes about 5min of your time assuming you don't wait on hold for an available rep to assist you.
---
A Jose Canseco Bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
#3ptreemf12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 10:59:42 AM(edited)
I'm not so sure they could do that. It says "All associated subscriptions must be transferred to a new payment option before an existing payment option can be removed. This process deletes the original payment option from your list of active payment options."

So basically, I'm assuming I have to wait until my gold fully expires in about a month, then I can remove it? I won't ever be using any kind of online payment option for gold again. Just prepaid cards.
---
Every dang time...
#4Norris1020Posted 7/9/2013 12:18:34 PM
It won't let you delete it even then. There are two options, you can either call as was previously suggested, or the other option go to Xbox.com to account management and change your billing city, state and zip to Chicago, Illinois 60638 then you'll be able to delete your credit card right away.
---
PSN: Norris1020