This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You guys got what you wanted

#61JtBlazePosted 7/10/2013 1:25:17 AM
I just read the Xbox Retiring MSP faq and it only says that the currency that MICROSOFT adds to your account will expire and that money/points that you convert do not expire. Unless I'm missing something.
#62656stoogePosted 7/10/2013 1:50:35 AM
MSP were s***. I'd buy every multiplat arcade game on PS3 because I wouldn't have to buy $16 worth of points to purchase a $9 game (Australian store).

So yes, I will be happy when I can finally buy a game or piece of DLC for the advertised price.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#63SheepinatorPosted 7/10/2013 5:43:45 AM
glassghost0 posted...
"Sweet! 1200msp for 5 bucks. Better convert hundreds of dollars of "real" money to a point value that I don't plan on spending for years."

"Sweet! 1200msp for 5 bucks. Better convert only exactly what I need right now, even though I tell everyone there's always something worth buying, because saving money is so stupid. I love my benevolent masters too. Whatever they do, I'll defend them."
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#64djwagonPosted 7/10/2013 6:23:50 AM(edited)
flame030191 posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
no, I'm not buying anything from the xbox marketplace now. Real money is a pain in the arse, since I only used points cards. I'm not going to be left with like $1.17 or some other stupid amount of money I'll never be able to fully use on my account. And since I have an original 360 my hard drive space is limited, so I am almost full anyway. I'm sure Microsoft thought giving us crappy HD space through when wanting us to buy more products.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

if you use a card associated with your account, it only adds the necessary amount. Every service has done this.
LOL you really missed the meaning of his post .I agree with his post 100%.yes I knew credit card info can be stolen anywhere .I had it happen twice to me once on live and once from the use outside of live .the one on live the guy bought 2 6000 point cards at $74 dollars each.a family plan for $99 and took all my points .on the outside live one .someone bought 500 dollars of stuff from sears online.the bank gave me back that money on both problems .I knew what I use the card for and what I bought with it .so I had to shutdown two bank accounts get new credit cards and new checks.so do not seat there and tell me .I am dumb for keeping off my credit card info on live
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#65dagamer657Posted 7/10/2013 4:28:57 PM
glassghost0 posted...
"Sweet! 1200msp for 5 bucks. Better convert hundreds of dollars of "real" money to a point value that I don't plan on spending for years."

This just in, people like saving money!
It's almost as if you're too stupid to grasp such a simple concept.
#66glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 4:32:54 PM
dagamer657 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

I would've bought several of those codes if I was able, but I wouldn't have bought several of them with no intention of using them in over a year.

How hard is of a concept is that to grasp?!
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#67dagamer657Posted 7/10/2013 4:33:10 PM
glassghost0 posted...
dagamer657 posted...
Are people seriously b****ing about the fact that some consumers are a little peeved at MS for pulling this bulls***? Yeah, they're well within their right to do this, but that doesn't make it okay. A friend of mine stocked up on MS points during Black Friday for situations just like the one that occurred last week.

He is mad, and rightfully so, that these points are going to expire and he's only spent around half of the total points he bought. So what if you don't stock up on points? Not everybody is like that. Some of us plan ahead, with savings in mind. Stop f***ing acting like everyone should conduct themselves like you.

And how hard would it have been for MS to say, "We're switching to a new payment scheme using money instead of points. From here on out, all purchases will be conducted with USD. What does this mean for your existing Microsoft points? Absolutely nothing! Although we're switching to this new scheme, your points will continue to function as they have, with the exception that you will not be able to purchase more once we make the change."

Granted we have a year to spend them, but that doesn't make it okay for Microsoft to just take the product that they've already received money for. All of you who are defending this s***ty practice are the exact reason WHY Microsoft decided to implement this stupid point expiration bulls***.

I almost wish Microsoft would just take the points away from people like you instead of converting them for you.

1+ year to spend "spending money" and you people complain that you planned on saving your money until 2015

so stupid.....

And just so you know, I spend my points as I buy them. That doesn't mean I have my head up my ass and think everyone in the world should do this. So f***ing what if people want to save their money until 2015? It's not any of your business what they do with THEIR money. If that's not what you want to do, then that's perfectly fine, but don't sit there patronizing people who do. All it does is make you come off as an inconsiderate jerk. What other people do with their money has literally ZERO impact on you, yet here you are b****ing at people who are rightfully peeved at this bulls*** move.
#68dagamer657Posted 7/10/2013 4:34:29 PM
glassghost0 posted...
dagamer657 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

I would've bought several of those codes if I was able, but I wouldn't have bought several of them with no intention of using them in over a year.

Congratulations, but this just in, not everyone in the world is you
#69SheepinatorPosted 7/10/2013 4:42:55 PM
glassghost0 posted...

You already said you would be fine if MS made the expiration just 24 hours, yet here you are saying you might want MSP in your account for up to a year. Make up your mind which story you're sticking with.

glassghost0 posted...
If I got an email saying that my 320msp would expire tomorrow I would f****** go on xbox.com right now and buy something. It's not a big deal... The problem would be solved in a matter of minutes if I had to spend my points.

---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#70dagamer657Posted 7/10/2013 4:57:57 PM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
glassghost0 posted...

You already said you would be fine if MS made the expiration just 24 hours, yet here you are saying you might want MSP in your account for up to a year. Make up your mind which story you're sticking with.

glassghost0 posted...
If I got an email saying that my 320msp would expire tomorrow I would f****** go on xbox.com right now and buy something. It's not a big deal... The problem would be solved in a matter of minutes if I had to spend my points.

Stop grasping at straws. Arguments like these are equally as bad as him defending this s***ty practice. The two are not mutually exclusive. Implying otherwise just makes you come off as unintelligent.