This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

xbox 360 4g hot

#1liquidhurricanePosted 7/10/2013 3:01:30 AM
Idk if this has already been covered but I just bought this after my 360 original crashed
I kept getting unrecognized disc for everything so I got the 360 4g. after playing for just a couple hrs it got really hot, on top where it's got the slit's is very hot. My main question is: Is this normal?
#2LapanuiPosted 7/10/2013 3:02:54 AM
Yes, it's blowing hot air out of the console. If your console isn't blowing anything out, it will overheat...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3joegt123Posted 7/10/2013 3:04:42 AM
Intercooler. Get one.

It is normal but an additional fan will help big time.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4fakesoundofprogressPosted 7/10/2013 4:05:12 AM
Ive actually been thinking about getting something like this

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/laptops/laptopaccessories/laptopaccessories/f5l001er.html

reckon its worth it?
#5IvanKozlovPosted 7/10/2013 8:56:50 AM
joegt123 posted...
Intercooler. Get one.

Do not get an intercooler. Gigantic waste of money. It's hot because that slit at the top is where the fan is and it's getting the hot air out of your console. Perfectly normal.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#6IvanKozlovPosted 7/10/2013 8:57:51 AM
fakesoundofprogress posted...
Ive actually been thinking about getting something like this

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/laptops/laptopaccessories/laptopaccessories/f5l001er.html

reckon its worth it?

No, because the vent isn't in the bottom of the console.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#7Dragon NexusPosted 7/10/2013 8:59:02 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
joegt123 posted...
Intercooler. Get one.

Do not get an intercooler. Gigantic waste of money. It's hot because that slit at the top is where the fan is and it's getting the hot air out of your console. Perfectly normal.

Seconding this.
The intercooler was barely worth it for the original console, it's a giant waste of money for the S.
The thing has a combined CPU and GPU with a huge-ass heat sink sat right on top of it, and a large fan sat on top of that. Any heat is blown straight out the vents by the fan, instead of pooling up inside the console like the original design.

It's working fine as it is.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde