This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About the switch from MSP to local currency. Not about the beta itself.

#1VeliconisPosted 7/10/2013 4:29:21 AM
http://tinyurl.com/o6q6dhk

I sure as hell hope that this is just an error and not what Microsoft really intends to do. I mean, if the switch causes things to cost more, that's just stupid. Really damn stupid and people are going to be pissed.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#2LapanuiPosted 7/10/2013 4:36:26 AM
Was just about to post this. I have a bad feeling this is going to be official price.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3Veliconis(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:10:21 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to what the reactions are going to be once this information gets more widespread. I'm sure the majority of folks are going to be unhappy, especially if they have a lot of MSP to get converted. Y'know, like Gabrius for example. >.>
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#4CADE FOSTERPosted 7/10/2013 6:39:53 AM
mine transfered over to the right amount in us dollars so im cool
#5Killah PriestPosted 7/10/2013 6:40:57 AM
that guys face... I'm going to have nightmares.

where do they get these mutants from.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6universaldavePosted 7/10/2013 7:04:51 AM(edited)
It's really 2 issues. MS isn't ripping you off; you're getting the monetary value that you paid for the points. The price increase in games (and I'm hoping it's just new releases and not existing games) just means your money won't go as far. Price increases are an understandable part of life even if we don't like it.

Show me one area of life in recent years where your money hasn't been buying less and I'll call you lucky.
---
Gamefaqs: where men who can't get dates take every opportunity to tell everyone about their incredibly high standards when it comes to women.
#7SheepinatorPosted 7/10/2013 7:08:01 AM
universaldave posted...
MS isn't ripping you off; you're getting the monetary value that you paid for the points. The price increase in games (and I'm hoping it's just new releases and not existing games) just means your money won't go as far. Price increases are an understandable part of life even if we don't like it.

It clearly benefits MS. They could have told people in advance about the new pricing, but they didn't. When people can buy less games for the money they had in their account, MS has less royalties to pay out.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 7/10/2013 8:42:42 AM
universaldave posted...
MS isn't ripping you off; you're getting the monetary value that you paid for the points.

How does that work when you pay X amount for the points, and they're being converted to local currency for LESS than that amount?

Example, you buy $20 worth of points, and they converted it to just $15, are you saying that it's OK for them to do that? That it's just the "cost of inflation"?

If that really is what you're saying, then go kiss Micro$oft's giant hairy ass elsewhere....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9CADE FOSTERPosted 7/10/2013 9:12:31 AM
I laughed
#10universaldavePosted 7/10/2013 9:18:42 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
universaldave posted...
MS isn't ripping you off; you're getting the monetary value that you paid for the points.

How does that work when you pay X amount for the points, and they're being converted to local currency for LESS than that amount?

Example, you buy $20 worth of points, and they converted it to just $15, are you saying that it's OK for them to do that? That it's just the "cost of inflation"?

If that really is what you're saying, then go kiss Micro$oft's giant hairy ass elsewhere....

I read another article that spelled it out more. They said that if you spent $20 dollars on points you'd get $20 credit on your account. What is different is that $20 that used to buy a game may not buy that game anymore--because the game prices went up. As I said in my first post, IF that is what's happening then you haven't lost any money. It's the same as if you go to a store to buy a $60 game and they've raised it to $70. You haven't lost money, it's just that you need more to buy the product.

That's why I said what I said. IF the article I read was wrong--or my interpretation of it is wrong--then I apologize. And, no, I'm not kissing any giant hairy asses!
---
Gamefaqs: where men who can't get dates take every opportunity to tell everyone about their incredibly high standards when it comes to women.