This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are collector's editions of Call of Duty even made?

#21Tube_of_NoobPosted 7/10/2013 6:09:53 AM
If you really think about it will any of this gens limited editions be worth anything in future decades? Probably not with maybe an exception to extremely rare ones. I still have only bought one. That was the original Gears one, because I thought the LE thing would be a little more rare. Didnt think every game release would get three editions.

Oh to answer tc's question they make them because people buy them in droves. Supply and demand *points at tc* "this guy"
---
One among the Fence
Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma, Batman AC & NBA 2k13
#22Dragon NexusPosted 7/10/2013 6:18:33 AM
None of the "limited editions" are limited in any kind of way that would make them valuable.
"Collectors Edition" is a better term. "Limited" kind of implies they're, well, limited. Like, there are only a few being made. But often they'll be pushing limited editions out for a popular game a good month or two after release.

Something won't be rare and valuable if it's mass produced. People always think buying some manufactured tat at an event, like the olympics or a royal wedding or something, will basically be their ticket to richness in a decade. "Ohh, this comemorative mug with Prince William and Kate Middleton's faces on it will be worth maybe 100...maybe even 1000 in a few years! And I only paid 5 for it!!"

Yup, keep on dreaming that your generically produced mug with transfer stickers peeled onto it will ever be worth anything. You'll be lucky getting your 5 back
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#23SunDevil77Posted 7/10/2013 6:24:20 AM
I got to play with my friend's RCXD a couple times, that thing is awesome.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#24vigorm0rtisPosted 7/10/2013 6:43:57 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
Answer: People will buy them.

Better question-- why do people post dumbassed questions?

Irony.

It is. Almost like it was intentional...
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#25AlimNassorPosted 7/10/2013 8:58:48 AM
Because CoD is a monumentally amazing series with the best FPS gameplay and best SP in FPS history? Why do you hate fun? The Collectors editions are pure gold. I buy them for every CoD. I'm the biggest CoD fan.
---
Aquila non captat muscas
#26Super CreaturesPosted 7/10/2013 7:26:54 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I got to play with my friend's RCXD a couple times, that thing is awesome.

Same, and agreed.

TheGam3925 posted...
I guess it's cool if you like overpriced children's toys.

You're talking to a bunch of nerds dude, we love overpriced children's toys.

Of course, considering you've been a member of a video game forum for five years, you also fall into that category, and, in the view of society, also like "overpriced children's toys," (AKA video games).

Just because some of us nerds have the funds to buy more expensive ones than you can, there is no reason to talk **** about them.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.