This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

#31glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 2:10:48 PM
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Sheepinator was wrong in the other topic

Flame is wrong in this one

GlassGhost always right!

:P

So, how exactly am I wrong? Nobody will ever show me how I'm "wrong".

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm right, and everyone here just wants to hate on someone who actually has a budget planned out.

Because the contract isn't cheaper, and there's no reason to pay $10 a month for Gold. You are only saving yourself money in the moment. Spend a little more up front and have extra money later on.

Hey you can buy this 24 pack of water for $3 or this 48 pack for $4.

12 months for $35 or 3 months for $30. You aren't saving money by spending $10 a month on Gold.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#32flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:12:08 PM
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Not at all, just that is the standard price of Gold, and that I pay it because it's the easiest to pay. I'll buy 3 month cards if they go below $15, but usually I don't allow myself too much spending money for video games and $10 a month pretty much fits my monthly budget perfectly.

You buy online games for full price instead of using half price cards and you pay $120 per year for Live instead of $35. That's why you have so little money to actually buy games. However, to adjust insane spending habits would mean having some common sense and ability to do simple math.

Or I have, you know, a real life? Girlfriend, bills, food, etc that I have to account for?

I don't live in my mother's basement and live off of welfare to buy all the games I'd ever want, unlike how it seems 90% of GameFaqs is.

Since the last game you played was Far Cry 3 six months ago, I wonder why you're paying $10 per month for Live anyway. You're either as dumb as your posts make you out to be, or you're a pathetic troll most likely posting from your mom's basement. LOL about "girlfriend" and "bills", good one.

Wrong. I just purchased Far Cry 3 last week while it was on sale for $20.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#33flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 2:15:19 PM
glassghost0 posted...
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Sheepinator was wrong in the other topic

Flame is wrong in this one

GlassGhost always right!

:P

So, how exactly am I wrong? Nobody will ever show me how I'm "wrong".

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm right, and everyone here just wants to hate on someone who actually has a budget planned out.

Because the contract isn't cheaper, and there's no reason to pay $10 a month for Gold. You are only saving yourself money in the moment. Spend a little more up front and have extra money later on.

Hey you can buy this 24 pack of water for $3 or this 48 pack for $4.

12 months for $35 or 3 months for $30. You aren't saving money by spending $10 a month on Gold.

But I'm still not "wrong" by saying that about $10 fits my budget, that $10 is the standard monthly price of Gold, and that $15 a month with this system also pays for Gold, which again, puts the entire mathematical problem I laid out as true. Buying Gold in bulk to get it cheaper is a completely separate topic.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#34glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 2:17:53 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#35TheRobPosted 7/10/2013 2:25:55 PM
flame030191 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Not at all, just that is the standard price of Gold, and that I pay it because it's the easiest to pay. I'll buy 3 month cards if they go below $15, but usually I don't allow myself too much spending money for video games and $10 a month pretty much fits my monthly budget perfectly.

You buy online games for full price instead of using half price cards and you pay $120 per year for Live instead of $35. That's why you have so little money to actually buy games. However, to adjust insane spending habits would mean having some common sense and ability to do simple math.

Or I have, you know, a real life? Girlfriend, bills, food, etc that I have to account for?

I don't live in my mother's basement and live off of welfare to buy all the games I'd ever want, unlike how it seems 90% of GameFaqs is.

All poor excuses, excuses that don't even make sense. If you have a girlfriend, bills, food, etc. then shouldn't you be trying to save money? You're throwing money away that you could be using to treat your girlfriend to a nice meal in a restaurant or something. You're wasting money. You're not saving money.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#36DJ_GunnerPosted 7/10/2013 2:46:31 PM(edited)
Budgeting $10 a month for something that at most would cost you $60 once a year is a really foolhardy way of budgeting, period. A true spendthrift that was concerned about a budget and leaving enough money for expenses and entertainment each month would work to find the best deal possible, which is exactly the opposite of what you are doing. Microsoft's $99 deal and the $9.99 XBL monthly fee is the exact same thing as getting stuff from those "rent to own" places. Do you also rent a flat screen television for $35.00 a week because it fits your budget? That's not being responsible with your money, that's being a sucker.

Do yourself a favor, and forego a night out with the "girlfriend" one single time to put back fifty bucks, add the ten in you normally spend on XBL and buy it for a year. Now you have an extra $60 a year, more if you spend 30 seconds looking for a deal.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#37dagamer657Posted 7/10/2013 4:22:54 PM(edited)
I don't mind paying the $10 a month because A.) I make enough disposable income that the $10 is negligible, and B.) I don't have buy Live all 12 months of the year.

That being said, if I find a year for $40, I'll take it, because why wouldn't I want to save money?
#38pez2k_Posted 7/10/2013 4:50:08 PM
Simple solution: budget $5 a month to put into a savings account, then at the end of the year spend that $60 on a year's Gold subscription. You could even borrow $60 from a friend or relative to cover that year of saving and pay them back with the other $5 per month. Magically, you have two years for the price of one.

As for comparing the costs of the $99 subscription-based console, the answer is simple. When you buy that console, you are subscribing to Gold for 2 years. Thus, the price you should be comparing for Gold is how much it would cost you to sign up for a full two years right now, which is $60 x 2.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k
#39TheBlueStigPosted 7/10/2013 5:45:04 PM
flame030191 posted...

And you're overpaying for everything.

You are COMPLEEEEEEETELY clueless.

You're paying out $120 a year when you could just pay out $40.

Anyone opting into the $99 "deal" would be paying $180 a year, which is 4.5 times too much.

So that's the $100 system, plus $360 for 2 years of Gold, that's $460

The 250GB system is $299 retail right now.

You can get a 4GB Slim for $199 retail, or wait until it goes on sale. You can get the 320GB HDD for $129 or wait until it goes on sale for $100 or less (like it is right now), and it comes with 1 to 3 free games depending on which HDD you find. So that's $200 + $130 = $330 MSRP, but if you find them both on sale that's cheaper than the 250GB bundle, you get free games, and more storage space to boot, and it's STILL $160 cheaper than the so-called "deal".

You really failed math didn't you?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#40JKSonicPosted 7/10/2013 5:54:56 PM
How is this still going? Clearly the dude is very, very wrong. More than likely he's already realized that and is just seeing how far he can take this topic.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)