This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#31
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Sheepinator was wrong in the other topic

Flame is wrong in this one

GlassGhost always right!

:P

So, how exactly am I wrong? Nobody will ever show me how I'm "wrong".

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm right, and everyone here just wants to hate on someone who actually has a budget planned out.

Because the contract isn't cheaper, and there's no reason to pay $10 a month for Gold. You are only saving yourself money in the moment. Spend a little more up front and have extra money later on.

Hey you can buy this 24 pack of water for $3 or this 48 pack for $4.

12 months for $35 or 3 months for $30. You aren't saving money by spending $10 a month on Gold.
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 years ago#32
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Not at all, just that is the standard price of Gold, and that I pay it because it's the easiest to pay. I'll buy 3 month cards if they go below $15, but usually I don't allow myself too much spending money for video games and $10 a month pretty much fits my monthly budget perfectly.

You buy online games for full price instead of using half price cards and you pay $120 per year for Live instead of $35. That's why you have so little money to actually buy games. However, to adjust insane spending habits would mean having some common sense and ability to do simple math.

Or I have, you know, a real life? Girlfriend, bills, food, etc that I have to account for?

I don't live in my mother's basement and live off of welfare to buy all the games I'd ever want, unlike how it seems 90% of GameFaqs is.

Since the last game you played was Far Cry 3 six months ago, I wonder why you're paying $10 per month for Live anyway. You're either as dumb as your posts make you out to be, or you're a pathetic troll most likely posting from your mom's basement. LOL about "girlfriend" and "bills", good one.

Wrong. I just purchased Far Cry 3 last week while it was on sale for $20.
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 years ago#33
glassghost0 posted...
flame030191 posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Sheepinator was wrong in the other topic

Flame is wrong in this one

GlassGhost always right!

:P

So, how exactly am I wrong? Nobody will ever show me how I'm "wrong".

I'm pretty sure it's because I'm right, and everyone here just wants to hate on someone who actually has a budget planned out.

Because the contract isn't cheaper, and there's no reason to pay $10 a month for Gold. You are only saving yourself money in the moment. Spend a little more up front and have extra money later on.

Hey you can buy this 24 pack of water for $3 or this 48 pack for $4.

12 months for $35 or 3 months for $30. You aren't saving money by spending $10 a month on Gold.

But I'm still not "wrong" by saying that about $10 fits my budget, that $10 is the standard monthly price of Gold, and that $15 a month with this system also pays for Gold, which again, puts the entire mathematical problem I laid out as true. Buying Gold in bulk to get it cheaper is a completely separate topic.
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#34
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rZxKilLVYk4/Tzp5FHku2yI/AAAAAAAAAyU/g_k73uauybI/s1600/jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
3 years ago#35
flame030191 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
Not at all, just that is the standard price of Gold, and that I pay it because it's the easiest to pay. I'll buy 3 month cards if they go below $15, but usually I don't allow myself too much spending money for video games and $10 a month pretty much fits my monthly budget perfectly.

You buy online games for full price instead of using half price cards and you pay $120 per year for Live instead of $35. That's why you have so little money to actually buy games. However, to adjust insane spending habits would mean having some common sense and ability to do simple math.

Or I have, you know, a real life? Girlfriend, bills, food, etc that I have to account for?

I don't live in my mother's basement and live off of welfare to buy all the games I'd ever want, unlike how it seems 90% of GameFaqs is.

All poor excuses, excuses that don't even make sense. If you have a girlfriend, bills, food, etc. then shouldn't you be trying to save money? You're throwing money away that you could be using to treat your girlfriend to a nice meal in a restaurant or something. You're wasting money. You're not saving money.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|

User Info: DJ_Gunner

DJ_Gunner
3 years ago#36
Budgeting $10 a month for something that at most would cost you $60 once a year is a really foolhardy way of budgeting, period. A true spendthrift that was concerned about a budget and leaving enough money for expenses and entertainment each month would work to find the best deal possible, which is exactly the opposite of what you are doing. Microsoft's $99 deal and the $9.99 XBL monthly fee is the exact same thing as getting stuff from those "rent to own" places. Do you also rent a flat screen television for $35.00 a week because it fits your budget? That's not being responsible with your money, that's being a sucker.

Do yourself a favor, and forego a night out with the "girlfriend" one single time to put back fifty bucks, add the ten in you normally spend on XBL and buy it for a year. Now you have an extra $60 a year, more if you spend 30 seconds looking for a deal.
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5

User Info: dagamer657

dagamer657
3 years ago#37
I don't mind paying the $10 a month because A.) I make enough disposable income that the $10 is negligible, and B.) I don't have buy Live all 12 months of the year.

That being said, if I find a year for $40, I'll take it, because why wouldn't I want to save money?

User Info: pez2k_

pez2k_
3 years ago#38
Simple solution: budget $5 a month to put into a savings account, then at the end of the year spend that $60 on a year's Gold subscription. You could even borrow $60 from a friend or relative to cover that year of saving and pay them back with the other $5 per month. Magically, you have two years for the price of one.

As for comparing the costs of the $99 subscription-based console, the answer is simple. When you buy that console, you are subscribing to Gold for 2 years. Thus, the price you should be comparing for Gold is how much it would cost you to sign up for a full two years right now, which is $60 x 2.
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
3 years ago#39
flame030191 posted...

And you're overpaying for everything.

You are COMPLEEEEEEETELY clueless.

You're paying out $120 a year when you could just pay out $40.

Anyone opting into the $99 "deal" would be paying $180 a year, which is 4.5 times too much.

So that's the $100 system, plus $360 for 2 years of Gold, that's $460

The 250GB system is $299 retail right now.

You can get a 4GB Slim for $199 retail, or wait until it goes on sale. You can get the 320GB HDD for $129 or wait until it goes on sale for $100 or less (like it is right now), and it comes with 1 to 3 free games depending on which HDD you find. So that's $200 + $130 = $330 MSRP, but if you find them both on sale that's cheaper than the 250GB bundle, you get free games, and more storage space to boot, and it's STILL $160 cheaper than the so-called "deal".

You really failed math didn't you?
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

User Info: JKSonic

JKSonic
3 years ago#40
How is this still going? Clearly the dude is very, very wrong. More than likely he's already realized that and is just seeing how far he can take this topic.
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Did they cancel the $99 Xbox 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived