This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So pessimists think that GTA V will flop in their regards because....

#1DRzCalderonPosted 7/10/2013 12:38:51 PM
Because GTA IV was bland, unoriginal, lacked content, and was "Not Fun". Which is clearly their opinion. Understood.

But lack to acknowledge, in my opinion, that GTA IV was released 5 years ago. And on top of that are unaware of the released and highly praised titles such as Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3, (More praised towards MP3's gameplay), that ran off the same but highly improved game engine.

In other words, even if you never played GTA IV, but played Red Ded Redemption and Max Payne 3 you'd understand what makes the anticipation towards GTA V crazy. The detailed bullet to exit wounds to the spontaneous unscripted events and Rockstar's use of the Euphoria engine, I'm telling ya they aren't just looking to make it better than GTA IV but way better in terms of overall gameplay than GTA San Andreas.

I'm looking forward to playing as Michael for the use of his bullet time ability so that I can get that feel of an open world Max Payne game lol
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#2DieMyBridePosted 7/10/2013 12:41:46 PM
lol GTA V a flop.
#3VeliconisPosted 7/10/2013 12:42:43 PM
GTA V is gonna be GotY.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#4glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 12:42:58 PM
GTA 4 was awesome. 5 is gonna be on a whole 'notha level
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5JKSonicPosted 7/10/2013 12:43:49 PM
Even if it was a pretty crappy game you'd have to be an idiot to think it would FLOP...I don't think anybody is saying that, haha.

I am saying though, I lost a little faith in them after IV (which IMO wasn't a terrible game just paled in comparison to my favorite, VC...and wasn't what I envisioned a next-gen GTA to be) and I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#6VeliconisPosted 7/10/2013 12:48:35 PM
GTA 4 was awesome. 5 is gonna be on a whole 'notha level

Indeed. I was absolutely awe struck when I watched the gameplay trailer. It looks to have improved and expanded in every area from GTA IV.

Even if it was a pretty crappy game you'd have to be an idiot to think it would FLOP...I don't think anybody is saying that, haha.

I am saying though, I lost a little faith in them after IV (which IMO wasn't a terrible game just paled in comparison to my favorite, VC...and wasn't what I envisioned a next-gen GTA to be) and I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

This is true. Think we'll get a last minute postponed launch date?
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#7warior55Posted 7/10/2013 12:56:08 PM
JKSonic posted...
I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

This literally wont affect sales at all. Most people arent gonna ditch their 360 when the new consoles come out, especially with GTA V coming out. Plus it comes out two months before the new consoles.
#8JKSonicPosted 7/10/2013 1:16:58 PM
I could honestly see it getting postponed again. Many times they do, pretty sure IV was postponed a few times, one of which was pretty close to release.

warior55 posted...
JKSonic posted...
I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

This literally wont affect sales at all. Most people arent gonna ditch their 360 when the new consoles come out, especially with GTA V coming out. Plus it comes out two months before the new consoles.

I don't care whether it affects actual sales or not, haha...it's still a terrible idea. If it came out already/earlier this year it's not such a big deal, but coming out so late is idiotic IMO. I mean it's coming out less than two months before new consoles I think, right? There's always going to be that "what if" feeling like if they had just waited and ported it over. I mean how long have dev kits been out for next gen? Since it was already postponed so long I'm sure they could have just jumped it over and had it for a launch title.

Also, I do see it affecting sales a bit, personally.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#9Jas_PataPosted 7/10/2013 1:20:45 PM
JKSonic posted...
I could honestly see it getting postponed again. Many times they do, pretty sure IV was postponed a few times, one of which was pretty close to release.

warior55 posted...
JKSonic posted...

I don't care whether it affects actual sales or not, haha...it's still a terrible idea. If it came out already/earlier this year it's not such a big deal, but coming out so late is idiotic IMO. I mean it's coming out less than two months before new consoles I think, right? There's always going to be that "what if" feeling like if they had just waited and ported it over. I mean how long have dev kits been out for next gen? Since it was already postponed so long I'm sure they could have just jumped it over and had it for a launch title.

Also, I do see it affecting sales a bit, personally.

It was supposed to be out by now, it was delayed, more than likely to add features that they stated at one point weren't going to make it in the game.

I've seen plenty of people say that they will hold off on buying a next gen console solely because of this game... and That is pretty damn funny.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#10str8KnowledgePosted 7/10/2013 2:33:06 PM
I don't care about golf or tennis games.