This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So pessimists think that GTA V will flop in their regards because....

#21ARsignal11Posted 7/11/2013 6:59:13 AM
JKSonic posted...
I could honestly see it getting postponed again. Many times they do, pretty sure IV was postponed a few times, one of which was pretty close to release.

warior55 posted...
JKSonic posted...
I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

This literally wont affect sales at all. Most people arent gonna ditch their 360 when the new consoles come out, especially with GTA V coming out. Plus it comes out two months before the new consoles.

I don't care whether it affects actual sales or not, haha...it's still a terrible idea. If it came out already/earlier this year it's not such a big deal, but coming out so late is idiotic IMO. I mean it's coming out less than two months before new consoles I think, right? There's always going to be that "what if" feeling like if they had just waited and ported it over. I mean how long have dev kits been out for next gen? Since it was already postponed so long I'm sure they could have just jumped it over and had it for a launch title.

Also, I do see it affecting sales a bit, personally.

I personally think its the perfect time to release the game. As you said, it's two months before the next-gen consoles are released. GTAV will literally be the last "hurrah" of this generation of gaming for a lot of people. The perfect game to go out on. It will fill that last void between the end of summer and the beginning of the holiday season.
#22JKSonicPosted 7/11/2013 7:01:38 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
I don't care whether it affects actual sales or not, haha...it's still a terrible idea

Yeah because everyone is going to drop a few hundred dollars for a new console with little games release for it, so no, it's not a terrible idea as many people own a 360/PS3 and aren't going to buy the new consoles right away so this makes sense.

What? You mean everybody's not going to sell their XBox's pronto and buy new consoles! Man, you learn something new every day dontcha?!?

SunDevil77 posted...
JKSonic posted...
it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

Yes, but it is literally the last huge game for this generation. There's a good month where everything Xbox and Playstation will be GTA

I'm not saying companies should just never release a good game once the new consoles are announced, but releasing mere WEEKS before they come out is ridiculous IMO. Plus with R*'s track record I would be surprised if we saw yet another delay of a few weeks. After all this first "delay" wasn't really an official delay at all. Prior they hadn't stated an official release date, just an expected time frame.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#23JKSonicPosted 7/11/2013 7:10:02 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
JKSonic posted...
I could honestly see it getting postponed again. Many times they do, pretty sure IV was postponed a few times, one of which was pretty close to release.

warior55 posted...
JKSonic posted...
I think it's a huge mistake releasing it this close to the new consoles coming out. That's especially true since neither console is BC.

This literally wont affect sales at all. Most people arent gonna ditch their 360 when the new consoles come out, especially with GTA V coming out. Plus it comes out two months before the new consoles.

I don't care whether it affects actual sales or not, haha...it's still a terrible idea. If it came out already/earlier this year it's not such a big deal, but coming out so late is idiotic IMO. I mean it's coming out less than two months before new consoles I think, right? There's always going to be that "what if" feeling like if they had just waited and ported it over. I mean how long have dev kits been out for next gen? Since it was already postponed so long I'm sure they could have just jumped it over and had it for a launch title.

Also, I do see it affecting sales a bit, personally.

I personally think its the perfect time to release the game. As you said, it's two months before the next-gen consoles are released. GTAV will literally be the last "hurrah" of this generation of gaming for a lot of people. The perfect game to go out on. It will fill that last void between the end of summer and the beginning of the holiday season.

But you have to consider some things. It's a terrible time for most kids/college students. Releasing it early summer like we originally thought would have been perfect. Now it's coming out during school.

Also while obviously not "everybody" is getting a next-gen console on release on around the holidays, a good number of people will. For those people the GTA experience will take a hit. It's a game that's meant to be played over a period of months, not days or a couple weeks.

"Last hurrah" really only means it's staying power will be limited. It will be almost immediately put up against next gen graphics and gameplay. Waiting and optimizing it a bit for next-gen could have made it a better game in nearly every way. It's already been quite a few years since the last one, not sure what another 4-6 months would have been...
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#24WinternovaPosted 7/11/2013 8:27:41 AM(edited)
DRzCalderon posted...
There are those who think that Rockstar is only known for GTA IV and have never ever played their other titles.

This. There are even people who think that Rockstar North are only known for GTA, Red Dead, Mahnunt, and Max Payne 3. They forget gems like Blood Money, Lemmings, and Body Harvest.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#25IceyflamePosted 7/11/2013 8:46:49 AM
Who the hell said GTA 5 will flop

GTA 4 you could easily debate is one of the worst grand theft auto's and it managed not to flop then with this new one Rockstar is a much better developer now then they were then this one can do nothing but succeed
#26rusty12000Posted 7/11/2013 8:54:34 AM
Ya GTA V will flop after hell freezes over. Even if by some chance that the game is terrible (wihch i doubt) it will sell plenty because of the name. Chances are it will be the last 360 game i will buy, because it doesn't look like its coming on PC right away...
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#27pothocketPosted 7/11/2013 8:57:02 AM
No one said GTA5 would flop. That's just stupid
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#28yiangaruuugaPosted 7/11/2013 9:08:27 AM
Well, Hideo Kojima, Director of Metal Gear Solid, says he's depressed, because he doesn't think his game, MGS V, can live up to the standards that GTA V has just placed on the industry. He thinks R* has just heightened the game design level with this game.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.