This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

USB question here.

#1tyrongkojyPosted 7/10/2013 4:56:31 PM
Can I download a game directly to the USB, or must it be palced on the hard drive first, THEN the usb. I have a white with a removable harddrive, if that makes a difference.
#2GGearXPosted 7/10/2013 4:59:39 PM
you can DL on the USB. It will take longer.
and no you cannot split it (2GB on HD and 2 GB on Flash)

someone asked me that once.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#3tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:10:13 PM(edited)
Okay. Well HOW do I do that (should have mentioned that)? It's not giving me an option, just download, then it starts.

And obviously it's automatically placing it on my hardrive.
#4GGearXPosted 7/10/2013 5:17:53 PM
I think its press A on the game you are downloading (in the active downloads, then

>choose storage device

The flash drive should show up there. If not . Idk what's wrong.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#5tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:24:56 PM(edited)
I don't think Im even given the option....

No, I am... that sucks, and is counter intuitve. Will te whole thing be changed over, or how does that work? Because its already being downloaded into the HD by that point, right?
#6tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:46:33 PM
Bumpies.
#7glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 5:49:57 PM
You can't download to a USB, at least I'm like 90% sure you can't, I could be wrong though.

Only to the HDD
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:57:59 PM
No, you can. i just did, exactly as the dude said. it's done. It's just counter intutive, in that I have to go to active downloads, thus while the thing's downloading. it's weird.
#9glassghost0Posted 7/10/2013 6:03:38 PM
tyrongkojy posted...
No, you can. i just did, exactly as the dude said. it's done. It's just counter intutive, in that I have to go to active downloads, thus while the thing's downloading. it's weird.

So you have to let it start downloading to your HD, then while it's active, tell it to switch? Doesn't that leave an incomplete file on your HD?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10tyrongkojy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:10:12 PM
Yes it did. So I ended up removing the usb and deleting it. Yet to check if the whole thing's on the USB. It's still REALLY stupid. Oh, and the HD partitions the ensesary space ahead of time, so basically for Sttate it takes up 1.9 gigs right off the bat. But then it was only 64 kb... I dunno. It's just really confusing. You'dthink they'd let you choose the destination when you actually choose to download it, but I don't get the option.. Again, do I have that on as default, or what?