This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Favorite RPG based on gameplay?

#21joegt123Posted 7/13/2013 12:01:51 PM(edited)
Deathx113 posted...
joegt123 posted...
Resonance of Fate.

I don't think there's a more unique combat system in all of gaming. Learning curve is a sheer cliff, though.

One of my absolute favorite rpgs.

However, I'll be damned if I EVER get past the chapter they make you use only 2 characters..

How in the hell is that even possible? You run out of shards (forget what those little orange things are called) without anyway to really earn them back, no tri-attacks (which is half of the combat). It is really frustrating..

Shoot without action run (or w/e it's called. Haven't played in a while) use the **** out of grenades. Only action run before you're going to break body parts or kill enemies. During that turn or immediately following it. Only charge one level with handguns and grenades. Charge as many levels as physically possible with MG.

Armor piercers and grenades help more immensely during that boss than you can fathom.

Oh, and MOAR BARRELS.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#22guedesbrawlPosted 7/13/2013 1:29:26 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Fire Emblem Awakening, man. Treat yourself.
Persona 4 Golden for Vita is fantastic

---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#23Sinist3r_BladePosted 7/13/2013 2:50:49 PM
Shadow Hearts. The judgement ring is sheer brilliance for a battle system.
#24ZuuFPosted 7/13/2013 4:23:16 PM
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

It plays the fine line between Champions of Norrath and what WoW was before it was dumbed down. It also has an awesome sense of humor, as you would find out two minutes in playing as a Shadow Warrior reading the gravestones where you begin.
---
I think I'm indecisive, but I'm not sure.
#25velvet_hammerPosted 7/13/2013 5:41:51 PM
dark arisens gameplay s**** on most of these games
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique