This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody gaming on a 20" TV?

#11JKSonicPosted 7/11/2013 7:04:22 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
20inch lcd? it will look better then most bigger tv's cuz most games run at 720p. The bigger the tv, the more a picture is blown up and looks way more jaggy. That said... 32 inch is great for bedroom.

Not if you're sitting close to the smaller TV... And not if you're sitting at a proper distance from the bigger one.

But anyway TC, really depends how far you'll be from it. If it's the distance of a computer monitor it'll be fine. If it's much further you'll run into problems seeing things that you need to see. I'd personally recommend just a tiny bit bigger either way, I mean bumping it up to 23" or so won't cost much more at all and will be noticeable.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#12reppaken(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:00:29 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I'll be about the same distance away as if I was sitting at a PC monitor.

I'll have to post back to let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks once again.
---
What if you die Dwight, how will we get into the office? If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.
#13psprulz2007Posted 7/11/2013 10:14:06 AM
*raises hand*

I hate gaming on a small tv. Even though the tv is in my room and im 3 feet away. I rather game on something much bigger. BUT it does its job just fine. If your limited on space and money then a 20in will do you well.
---
I hate gamefaqs. Mods pick and choose what's off topic and what's not. Its obvious they are clueless 99.9% of the time. People who agree 4527
#14TheBlueStigPosted 7/11/2013 11:05:51 AM
32 inches would be the bare minimum I would ever recommend gaming on these days, mostly because some developers are f***ing MORONS making their text as tiny as possible so it's hard to read even on a 46 inch screen in 1080p.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15The_DarkwalkerPosted 7/11/2013 11:09:43 AM
Lol who games on a 20" TV?

My **** has its own 20" TV.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
PSN ID: xDARKWALKERx // Gamertag: I DarkWalker I
#16aheroafakePosted 7/11/2013 11:17:10 AM
Mine is around that number and I play fine with it. But sometimes I feel like the screen is too small.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#17RakugiPosted 7/11/2013 11:23:07 AM
I use my Gaems sentry all the time in my bedroom or at Game night at my friend's place and have never been uncomfortable with the screen size and that's 15". Just gotta remember to sit to match the distance to the size of your screen.
---
**7|-|15 15 |\/|`/ 519|\|47|_|3**
#18JKSonicPosted 7/11/2013 12:15:18 PM
reppaken posted...
Thanks for all the responses. I'll be about the same distance away as if I was sitting at a PC monitor.

I'll have to post back to let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks once again.

If you're that close you should really be fine, but like I said I really recommend just a little bigger. My monitor is 23" and while I don't play XBox on it much, when I do it's actually pretty awesome. You could even easily do some calculations to figure out how a 23" screen at 3 or so feet away would compare to a 42" one at a normal tv-sitting distance. I remember at one point (it's not set up this way anymore) how I had my rooms set up my monitor actually "bigger" to me than my TV was.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#19chrcolPosted 7/12/2013 5:18:33 AM
let me put it this way, at the distance I sit if my screen was 40" then it wouldnt be within my eye range, I would have to turn my head to view the sides and be not able to see all the screen at once.
#20markedman54Posted 7/18/2013 6:37:39 AM
chrcol posted...
let me put it this way, at the distance I sit if my screen was 40" then it wouldnt be within my eye range, I would have to turn my head to view the sides and be not able to see all the screen at once.

That's awesome. Sounds like my set up. It's called immersion.