This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about a glitch in Rayman Origins (pirate treasure level)

#1JackBurton85Posted 7/10/2013 10:20:00 PM
Just spent at least an hour trying to beat this damn level. No matter what i tried i die at the end when the two flaming masts fall over. There doesn't seem to be anything i can do to avoid having the screen overtake me. It's like as soon as those masts fall, the screen instantly lurches forward and passes me by.

I went on youtube and was shocked to see that i was doing exactly what the player in the walkthrough vid was doing. Yet for some reason it wasn't working for me.

Then i read the comments, apparently, going by what a crapton of people on youtube are saying, there's a glitch in this level that causes that screen to overtake you despite doing everything right. I find this hard to believe given how high quality and polished the game has been up to this point, surely a problem this huge and pisspoor didn't get by the testing/quality control phase?

Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know if it is for sure a glitch or if this level just happens to take a freakishly PERFECT, EXACT timing to complete?

Any body got any tips?
#2RenamonPosted 7/10/2013 11:09:36 PM
yeah I remember that was a real pain in the butt. it's been a while though so I don't remember what I did to finish the level
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3Dragon NexusPosted 7/11/2013 4:24:33 AM
Well...I've completed the game fully on two different consoles and I don't recall having this glitch. Or if I did, it wasn't consistent.

Are you on Live? Maybe there's a patch that fixes this issue?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4SheepinatorPosted 7/11/2013 7:16:46 AM
I searched on YT to remind myself what level you're talking about, and a search option found this vid of someone beating it with the bug in the game present. Maybe this helps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMogYyIEzgc
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5SheepinatorPosted 7/11/2013 7:21:26 AM
Though I see others saying there isn't a bug in the game, it's just about where Rayman is when he hits the falling mast that matters. I got 1000G in the game but don't remember if I had an issue with that level.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998304-rayman-origins/61586226
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6JackBurton85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:20:00 AM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
I searched on YT to remind myself what level you're talking about, and a search option found this vid of someone beating it with the bug in the game present. Maybe this helps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMogYyIEzgc

That's a vid of the supposed glitch, but it's not of someone beating it.

Thanks for that thread dedicated to the problem though. I did some searching through the rayman boards here but didn't see anything after 2-3 pages. I'm thinking it prob isn't a glitch, just a pisspoorly designed level. You shouldn't have to be THIS exact to get it to work. It just doesn't make sense why the timing should have to be that precise. Other treasure runs when you die it makes sense, you went too slow, you missed a jump, you hit a wall, you jumped when you shouldn't, etc. It makes sense if you fall into water, fire, or go too slow so the screen overtakes you. In this level though, from what i'm hearing and seen and played myself, if you haven't reached some freakiishly precise, exact point on that mass at the exact right moment, the screen just flat out warps past you. It looks wayyy different when it's done correctly too, the screen simply doesn't move as far forward or as fast. For some reason, they designed the ending of this stage so that the screen moves differently depending on your actions. It's very very bizarre and def LOOKS like something that isn't supposed to happen is happening.

The "fixes" for the glitch are pretty much endless. Every single person who experienced it but later successfully beat the level has no clue exactly what they did differently, or their "fix" was contradicted by someone else doing the same and failing. Sounds like it's just a pure dumb luck type of thing, which is bullcrap in a platforming game. Skill should be paramount. Really weird seeing something this pisspoorly done in a game this amazing in every other aspect/level.

The one tip i read the most often though is that you don't press a directional input while wall jumping. I didn't realize walljumping even worked like taht in this game, i thought you had to press towards the right or left as you were doing it. Apparently i guess after that initial wall touch you just keep pressing jump as you connect with a wall and you'll bounce to the left or right automatically.
#7supersvegetaPosted 7/11/2013 3:22:53 PM
Yea that glitch was a pain. I think I passed it by not hitting a direction also.
---
I believe it's time I gave these young people a proper lesson in violence. -Walter
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=25926&complete=1
#8TheBeastWithinPosted 7/11/2013 3:30:15 PM
I encountered that "glitch" and never finished it. If the devs can't take the time to fix such a thing so that it works properly, I won't take the time to bother jiggering it until it works.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#9JackBurton85(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 4:32:59 PM
Just gave it another whirl, beat like it was the easiest thing in the world.

I've heard you just wait 5 seconds at the start, don't do anything. I've heard never use the spin underwater except to burst through the walls. I've heard don't press a directional button on the masses to wall jump, just hit x alone.

I did all of that, and it let me complete the level. Weirdest damn thing. Don't know which trick worked, i assume it's the wall jump one, prob provides you that immeasurable amount of time needed to get to the proper point on the mast at the exact right time. Either way, for anyone else having trouble with it now or in the past, give that a whirl, one of those solutions works.
#10SoaringDivePosted 7/14/2013 5:11:05 PM
I never hit the glitch, but my pal did. I think you have to make sure you never speed up by punching.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive