This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else's Xbox acting extremely weird today?

#1N7Spectre707Posted 7/10/2013 11:17:49 PM
Hey everyone. So my newest Xbox, which is a black slim, couple years old, is giving me a lot of trouble signing in.

When attempting to sign into a gamer tag (any present on the console, including mine, my wife's etc) takes forever to sign in. Like literally 5 minutes. Once it finally signs in, when I launch a game it immediately signs me out for no reason, and I have to sign back in again, taking yet another 5 minutes. If I go bak to dashboard, it signs me out YET AGAIN. It is really odd behavior that I've never seen before.

I thought it might be related to service issues with Xbox live today, but our older Xbox 360 signs into live accounts with no problems whatsoever.

Once I'm in game and have signed in again, things seem alright; I can play, and play online with friends etc. anyone know what might be causing this? Anyone seen this before?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#2kingekingePosted 7/10/2013 11:24:17 PM
I have been getting the same problem recently with Black Ops 2, soon as the game begins loading it says disconnected from Xbox Live then immediately reconnects. Does it every time I load up the game lately.
#3zerooo0Posted 7/10/2013 11:25:53 PM
Me to TC. It worked perfectly when I logged in, but trying to get to the Dashboard after I turned it on took like 5-7mins for me. Never takes me that long to get on.

Anybody knows whats up?
---
Starwars Battlefront PS4/X1 console boards are up. COME LETS DISCUSS NEXT GEN BATTLEFRONT ON FROSTBITE 3
#4N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:29:36 PM
Ok well I googled it and found that a possible solution was simply to redownload your gamer profile. I redownloaded it and now do not experience any problems.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#5flame030191Posted 7/10/2013 11:32:39 PM
I've been having issues, but I've just been debunking it as unpolished aspects of the beta.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#6N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 11:32:59 PM
I'm thinking its a security issue. I forgot to mention in OP, but lately I've been getting a lot of REALLY annoying "update your security" from Microsoft.

Today when I first tried to play, it took 5 mins to sign in, and I was prompted with a similar prompt, only this one was slightly different wording. I gave the information and got an error code, and ever since then it was giving me problems until I redownloaded my gamer tag.

What's weird though is why the other gamer tags suffered as well?
---
-MiKe345675
#7GoombaXPosted 7/10/2013 11:51:12 PM
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_servicealerts
its a problem with xbl
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#8Hucast9Posted 7/11/2013 12:01:37 AM
For the past few days i've been asked to select a profile. It's supposed to jua load my main one. After I select it, the only thing I see is a loading icon with 2 circles on the screeen. So yeah I guess there's a problem with Xbox Live. By the way, when it took long to load I just turned the console off, then back on. After turning it back on it loads the dashboard up no problem.
#9N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 12:27:59 AM
GoombaX posted...
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_servicealerts
its a problem with xbl

Yeah but it was signing me out if my profile, not just live.

I can understand if xbl is having issues, or my Internet having issues, then yeah getting disconnected from live wouldn't be that odd. But even if xbl were down or experiencing issues, I should still be able to sign into my gamer tag.
---
-MiKe345675
#10VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/11/2013 1:16:27 AM
I am having the same problem TC, once I get onto the dashboard I'm fine and everything works as fast as it should, but the startup time is drastically increased. Felt like a full 3-4 minutes
---
Ron Paul 2012