This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else's Xbox acting extremely weird today?

#11GingaritoPosted 7/11/2013 2:56:50 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Hey everyone. So my newest Xbox, which is a black slim, couple years old, is giving me a lot of trouble signing in.

When attempting to sign into a gamer tag (any present on the console, including mine, my wife's etc) takes forever to sign in. Like literally 5 minutes. Once it finally signs in, when I launch a game it immediately signs me out for no reason, and I have to sign back in again, taking yet another 5 minutes. If I go bak to dashboard, it signs me out YET AGAIN. It is really odd behavior that I've never seen before.

I thought it might be related to service issues with Xbox live today, but our older Xbox 360 signs into live accounts with no problems whatsoever.

Once I'm in game and have signed in again, things seem alright; I can play, and play online with friends etc. anyone know what might be causing this? Anyone seen this before?

Haha your sig made me laugh. Was that actually said?
---
Currently playing -Halo 4
MUFC CHAMP20NS, Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game so far: GOW Judgment GT: gingus christ PSN: G1ngus
#12MrluzoPosted 7/11/2013 5:20:49 AM
How do I redownload my profile? I get the same security problem, to an extent now that I cannot by pass it, and it asks me to go to xbox.com/forgot...Which is temporarily
unavailable...Tried this 12 times over the last 2 days, to no avail. So cannot connect to Live.

Maybe the redownload profile would correct itself, but I am not sure what steps are needed to do this.

Thanks.
#13PorscheRacer711Posted 7/11/2013 6:40:22 AM
Same problem here too TC. Figured it was my router giving me grief, but if everyone else is having an issue it must be a problem with XBL.
---
I did it for the lolz
#14VeliconisPosted 7/11/2013 7:41:23 AM
How do I redownload my profile? I get the same security problem, to an extent now that I cannot by pass it, and it asks me to go to xbox.com/forgot...Which is temporarily
unavailable...Tried this 12 times over the last 2 days, to no avail. So cannot connect to Live.

Maybe the redownload profile would correct itself, but I am not sure what steps are needed to do this.

Thanks.

Go to your storage device and select profiles. When deleting your profile, it will give you two options: Delete profile only or delete profile AND items. Only delete the profile so you don't have to download everything all over again.

After it's deleted, hit your guide button and choose "Sign In" and then you should see the option to download profile. Choose that, put in your e-mail address and password and voila.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#15N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:17:54 AM(edited)
My concern as well is that if a gamertag profile corrupts, what are your options to fix it if you say, don't have Internet connection? Or what if Xbox live for 360 is shut down completely (I realize it will be a long time before that happens but still.)

Is there any known computer program that can repair a corrupted profile in the event of corruption? Recovering the gamertag fixed this issue for me, but I wonder how I would have ever accessd all of my saved data had that option not been available to me.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#16flame030191Posted 7/11/2013 10:30:30 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
GoombaX posted...
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status?icid=furl_servicealerts
its a problem with xbl

Yeah but it was signing me out if my profile, not just live.

I can understand if xbl is having issues, or my Internet having issues, then yeah getting disconnected from live wouldn't be that odd. But even if xbl were down or experiencing issues, I should still be able to sign into my gamer tag.

Not really. If their servers are messing up, it will interfere with the service as a whole, including signing in.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#17MrMikeMaPosted 7/11/2013 10:33:46 AM
I've been having problems for a while now.

I think I will trying deleting the profile like suggested.

I've heard it take a while to log in the very first time depending on how much content you have on the HDD. I have a 120 gig drive, with LOTS of stuff on it, so it seems to be verifying the licenses of everything, hence the delay. I'm not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard. Once done, things run fast. But I definitely get booted from live a lot.
#18SimonFNBelmontPosted 7/11/2013 10:38:35 AM
Yeah,Ive been having more problems as of recent. I keep getting booted from Live, trouble signing in and whatnot. Ive never really had these problems before.
#19The_DarkwalkerPosted 7/11/2013 11:08:38 AM
Well, my Kinect did compliment me on my nice round buttocks, but, other than that no, nothing weird.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
PSN ID: xDARKWALKERx // Gamertag: I DarkWalker I
#20aheroafakePosted 7/11/2013 11:22:50 AM
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that is experiencing problems recently. I thought my Xbox was about to take a **** on me. It takes forever for me to actually sign in, movies I have load for like a minute before they actually start playing and that's even with the movies I have on my HDD, and I'm constantly getting disconnected from Xbox Live. This seriously started around the time that the dashboard beta started for me. I'm guessing that was the cause of the problems.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |