This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else's Xbox acting extremely weird today?

#21aheroafakePosted 7/11/2013 11:24:59 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
I'm thinking its a security issue. I forgot to mention in OP, but lately I've been getting a lot of REALLY annoying "update your security" from Microsoft.

Today when I first tried to play, it took 5 mins to sign in, and I was prompted with a similar prompt, only this one was slightly different wording. I gave the information and got an error code, and ever since then it was giving me problems until I redownloaded my gamer tag.

What's weird though is why the other gamer tags suffered as well?

This is happening to me as well. It's getting rather annoying.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Always using my phone's browser, excuse the spelling mistakes |
#22N7Spectre707(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 11:39:03 AM
Well those of you having issues like me, recover your gamertag. It sorted out the problems and I'm now seemingly back to normal.

I've come to the conclusion that I may have corrupted my profile. The reason it was taking so long to sign in was either due to the xbl issues or the security issues, or both. On my first attempt I turned off the Xbox after waiting for about 3 minutes because I knew something was wrong. Doing this probably caused my profile to corrupt due to the fact I turned off the system while it was trying to sign me in.

Recovering the profile from live fixed the corruption. It also no longer takes forever to sign in.

It is odd though that I was able to sign in, and still play, but that the system would sign me out completely whenever I launched a game or returned to dashboard. But that has been fixed as well by recovering gamertag.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#23mistamavePosted 7/11/2013 12:01:01 PM
Maybe it's just trouble with the groundwork for the XBL update.
Is it just people who have signed up for the XBL Beta having trouble, or anyone?

---
I am fully aware that the bird is indeed, the word
#24SimonFNBelmontPosted 7/11/2013 12:03:00 PM
Theres a service alert up, So I guess that answers some things.