This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ubisoft: Watch Dogs "the same game" on current- and next-gen

#1zerooo0Posted 7/11/2013 8:49:38 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ubisoft-watch-dogs-the-same-game-on-current-and-next-gen-6411304

Good, I'm still getting the Next Gen version but good for the people sticking with the 360 & PS3 for a couple of years.

Is it me or does Watch Dogs look better than AC4?
---
Starwars Battlefront PS4/X1 console boards are up. COME LETS DISCUSS NEXT GEN BATTLEFRONT ON FROSTBITE 3
#2reppakenPosted 7/11/2013 9:47:18 AM
This is good news. I'm going to wait a bit for next-gen, but it's nice to know we won't be missing too much.
---
What if you die Dwight, how will we get into the office? If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.
#3SixStringHeroPosted 7/11/2013 10:06:32 AM
It's totally not the same. there's going to be more dynamic water and weather effects on the NEXT GEN.

It's imperative we get this on Next Gen consoles!
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#4SoincMetalPosted 7/11/2013 10:18:14 AM
I'll be sticking with this gen for a while, there's ton of games im still trying to play. Plus i'll let everyone beta test that new hardware and get the more efficient one later :). It aint MS hardware either.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5SheepinatorPosted 7/11/2013 10:23:22 AM
This is what I've been saying for a while, and why I don't feel the next gen excitement. It's the same games we already have, with nicer water and weather effects, and prettier backgrounds. The core game is the same. Sony and MS have yet to show me any game that can't be done on current systems.

When I upgraded to 360 it was for the exclusives, since all the devs quickly stopped supporting Xbox. When I upgraded to PS3 it was for the Blu-Ray. This time, all the big games are still coming on 360/PS3 for the foreseeable future, so what's the rush to spend $600? (console + headset or adapter + taxes).
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6DieMyBridePosted 7/11/2013 10:29:05 AM
I'm fine with playing the current gen version. Less population on screen doesn't bother me at all.
#7IWUPosted 7/11/2013 10:33:17 AM
DieMyBride posted...
I'm fine with playing the current gen version. Less population on screen doesn't bother me at all.

Are you fine with some random coming in to your world disguised as an NPC and hacking your ass?
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
#8joegt123Posted 7/11/2013 10:51:23 AM
"Ubisoft"

You already lost me.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#9Merc123Posted 7/11/2013 2:44:06 PM
I am getting a PS4 at launch but won't be getting really any next gen version of current gen games. I will be getting exclusive games for PS4 since we are pretty much going to get that bleed over where next gen are just slightly prettier versions of the games.
#10SunDevil77Posted 7/11/2013 2:46:47 PM
Merc123 posted...
I am getting a PS4 at launch but won't be getting really any next gen version of current gen games. I will be getting exclusive games for PS4 since we are pretty much going to get that bleed over where next gen are just slightly prettier versions of the games.

But...they'll be the same price
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539