This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Year Was XBL Basically Broken from Xmas to Feb?

#1cbc72Posted 7/11/2013 8:19:47 AM
I am trying to remember which year XBL was basically not working from Xmas through the end of January?

Was it the year CoD:WaW came out?
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/cvpwash
#2SheepinatorPosted 7/11/2013 8:21:19 AM
Xmas 2007 I think. They gave away Undertow for free in January, which I already owned. Anyway, Live wasn't busted for Xmas-Feb. My recollection is the week around Xmas-New Years was awful, other than that maybe minor outages here and there.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#3BahamutBBobPosted 7/11/2013 8:22:00 AM
I think it was '07 to '08, but I can't remember. It has issues every year, but I know what you mean, it was practically unusable for a while.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#4velvet_hammerPosted 7/11/2013 8:22:15 AM
XBL never goes down just ask the 360 board
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#5cbc72(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:24:10 AM
OK, thanks. I think you are right 07-08 holiday season.

It was "running" after the end of the first week in January, but still very spotty and unstable until the end of the month.
---
Beast Mode!
#6TrickyPonyPosted 7/11/2013 1:08:28 PM
I remember it being spotty for a week, not down just spotty.
#7Satchmo25Posted 7/11/2013 1:10:14 PM
Are you talking about PSN? XBL was never down from xmas-Feb. The only online service that went down for a period of that length was PSN and that wasn't even the right months
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#8natevinesPosted 7/11/2013 1:13:53 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Are you talking about PSN? XBL was never down from xmas-Feb. The only online service that went down for a period of that length was PSN and that wasn't even the right months

lol, I don't recall it, but based upon the many other posts above yours, you seem to be dead wrong
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#9cbc72(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 1:17:13 PM
XBL was never down and out shut down like PSN, but it was working so poorly over X-mas 07 through the first week in Jan. 08 that in all effect, you could not play online.

I recall the problems persisted through the end of January, though were less frequent. Others seem to be remembering it all being fixed by early January.
---
Beast Mode!
#10SheepinatorPosted 7/11/2013 1:41:00 PM
cbc72 posted...
XBL was never down and out shut down like PSN, but it was working so poorly over X-mas 07 through the first week in Jan. 08 that in all effect, you could not play online.

I recall the problems persisted through the end of January, though were less frequent. Others seem to be remembering it all being fixed by early January.

That's all how I remember it, except for the part about problems persisting to the end of January. I mean you may be right, I just don't recall either way.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.