This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Year Was XBL Basically Broken from Xmas to Feb?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Which Year Was XBL Basically Broken from Xmas to Feb?
2 years ago#1
I am trying to remember which year XBL was basically not working from Xmas through the end of January?

Was it the year CoD:WaW came out?
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/cvpwash
2 years ago#2
Xmas 2007 I think. They gave away Undertow for free in January, which I already owned. Anyway, Live wasn't busted for Xmas-Feb. My recollection is the week around Xmas-New Years was awful, other than that maybe minor outages here and there.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
2 years ago#3
I think it was '07 to '08, but I can't remember. It has issues every year, but I know what you mean, it was practically unusable for a while.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
2 years ago#4
XBL never goes down just ask the 360 board
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
2 years ago#5
OK, thanks. I think you are right 07-08 holiday season.

It was "running" after the end of the first week in January, but still very spotty and unstable until the end of the month.
---
Beast Mode!
2 years ago#6
I remember it being spotty for a week, not down just spotty.
2 years ago#7
Are you talking about PSN? XBL was never down from xmas-Feb. The only online service that went down for a period of that length was PSN and that wasn't even the right months
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
2 years ago#8
Satchmo25 posted...
Are you talking about PSN? XBL was never down from xmas-Feb. The only online service that went down for a period of that length was PSN and that wasn't even the right months

lol, I don't recall it, but based upon the many other posts above yours, you seem to be dead wrong
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
2 years ago#9
XBL was never down and out shut down like PSN, but it was working so poorly over X-mas 07 through the first week in Jan. 08 that in all effect, you could not play online.

I recall the problems persisted through the end of January, though were less frequent. Others seem to be remembering it all being fixed by early January.
---
Beast Mode!
2 years ago#10
cbc72 posted...
XBL was never down and out shut down like PSN, but it was working so poorly over X-mas 07 through the first week in Jan. 08 that in all effect, you could not play online.

I recall the problems persisted through the end of January, though were less frequent. Others seem to be remembering it all being fixed by early January.

That's all how I remember it, except for the part about problems persisting to the end of January. I mean you may be right, I just don't recall either way.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Which Year Was XBL Basically Broken from Xmas to Feb?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived