This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA5 to have mandatory install; comes on 2 DVDs

#41flame030191Posted 7/11/2013 11:01:59 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
flame030191 posted...
I had the original release when I had my old Xbox, which broke down (RROD).

ODST required no installation. In fact, installing it made it run worse.

Defiance is an MMO, which falls under a different category.

Star Ocean required no install. Neither did Final Fantasy 13. Or Mass Effect.

In fact, most multi-disc games have you either switching between discs or adding additional, yet optional, content.

Backpedal much troll?

Certain games somehow don't count just because a massive Sony fanboy thinks they're a "different category"?

And how out of date is your info? ALL of the Halo games were patched a long time ago to run better when installed, AND it was only Halo 3 that had that problem in the first place.

Fail troll is fail.

Massive fanboy who plays 360 more? Ok.

MMO's are usually not advertised for full retail release because of the ease of playing them without a disc, and usually a $60 purchase will be your ticket into playing the game, not just purchasing the disc.

Halo 3 Mythic Disc (MP disc for Halo ODST) doesn't run as good installed. I just tried it the other day since I wanted to play some Halo, and it's currently the only Halo I own. When i deleted the install, it ran much better.

So yes, "troll is fail" because you, in fact, are the troll.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#42metroidman92Posted 7/11/2013 11:21:17 AM
If I can play it w/o the discs, great. If not, meh. It won't sway my decision to buy it in the future.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.
#43flame030191Posted 7/11/2013 11:25:15 AM
metroidman92 posted...
If I can play it w/o the discs, great. If not, meh. It won't sway my decision to buy it in the future.

You'll need the "play disc" inserted.
---
#44TheBlueStigPosted 7/11/2013 12:02:22 PM
flame030191 posted...
MMO's are usually not advertised for full retail release because of the ease of playing them without a disc, and usually a $60 purchase will be your ticket into playing the game, not just purchasing the disc.

Is Defiance a retail game?

Answer = YES

Your own words....

Tell me where it's actually been mandatory for a full-retail game.

So now you're backpedaling your ass off like all trolls do when confronted with things they can't handle because you're trying to figure out a way to disqualify the evidence against you.

You said RETAIL GAME, I listed more than one retail game, now you're whining about it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#45flame030191Posted 7/11/2013 12:24:14 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
flame030191 posted...

Is Defiance a retail game?

Answer = YES

Your own words....

Tell me where it's actually been mandatory for a full-retail game.

So now you're backpedaling your ass off like all trolls do when confronted with things they can't handle because you're trying to figure out a way to disqualify the evidence against you.

You said RETAIL GAME, I listed more than one retail game, now you're whining about it.

You listed one MMO that required it and a bunch of games that have optional content.

You didn't prove anything other than that you have no idea what you're talking about.

By the way, you never answer my question. What happens in your daily life that makes you so angry and hostile towards everything you ever see on GameFaqs?
---
#46Jas_PataPosted 7/11/2013 1:00:35 PM
ARsignal11 posted...
I'm guessing Rockstar hasn't revealed how big the "play from" disc is to install, correct?

I think the mandatory install is 8gb and they have said that the game will be 15-16 total.. so it'll be 2 damn full DVDs.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#47Ranwolf56Posted 7/11/2013 1:23:56 PM
I'm sorry to change the topic. I am new here. I saw an xbox 360 game called Werewolf Hallow. I would love to buy this game but I cannot find it anywhere. Can someone help me and tell me where to get it? Thanks. You can email me at ranwolf1956@gmail.com.
#48TheBlueStigPosted 7/11/2013 1:26:01 PM
Ranwolf56 posted...
I'm sorry to change the topic. I am new here. I saw an xbox 360 game called Werewolf Hallow. I would love to buy this game but I cannot find it anywhere. Can someone help me and tell me where to get it? Thanks. You can email me at ranwolf1956@gmail.com.

It's an indie game, look in the Indie game section under W.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin