This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about analog stick repair

#1MegaTape13Posted 7/11/2013 5:03:35 PM
I'm aware there have a ton of topics on this board specifically about the left analog stick getting stuck or drifting, but I didn't see too much helpful advice about fixing it.

I've taken apart the controller, cleaned it, and swapped the sticks. The problem is in the base structure soldered to the board, which I cleaned quickly with alcohol and blasted dry with an air duster. Nothing changed; it still gets stuck and drifts. That is literally the only thing wrong with the controller.

So my question now is about lubricants. Which types would be ideal, or at least safe for low-heat electronics?
I'd rather spend a few bucks and some time on repair than drop $50 to replace a controller that isn't that old.
---
Oh the movie never ends...
GT: IHOP 13
#2TheBlueStigPosted 7/11/2013 5:21:00 PM
Hoppe's #9 Lubricating Oil

Just 1 or 2 drops into the cups where the stick rides will lube things up for about 3 or 4 months to stop the sticking, then you'll have to lube it again.

You can get it in any gun store, or maybe in WalMart in the sporting goods section.

And no, I'm not kidding, it's a high quality machine oil that doesn't "gunk up" when it dries.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3sailormacrossPosted 7/11/2013 5:28:33 PM
my right analog makes a grinding noise. I can pull stick stem up a little but it falls back down into base
---
anime and jpop and pretty japanese girls fan ::::::::::::::::::::perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites of outer space (gundam wing)