This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So now that a woman controls all things xbox

#1Mindwipe77Posted 7/11/2013 6:42:36 PM
will we see more girl games? my sister thinks there should be more, and happy to see a woman in position of power in a male dominated hobby
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Lightning's #1 fan
#2TheBlueStigPosted 7/11/2013 6:45:13 PM
IIRC it was a non-gaming woman in charge of the Dreamcast right before it died....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3SunDevil77Posted 7/11/2013 6:50:58 PM
Oh, boy.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4Skribbz1990Posted 7/11/2013 6:54:48 PM
Games don't have genders.

It would be nice to see more actiony, big budget games with female protagonists who are just as capable as male protagonists though.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3vnj3Ri3z1r43g6fo1_400.gif
#5smashthesmurfsPosted 7/11/2013 7:03:31 PM
Skribbz1990 posted...

It would be nice to see more actiony, big budget games with female protagonists who are just as capable as male protagonists though.

Well just pointing out the obvious here but from an "actiony" game which I'm assuming has a lot of fighting men are typically more physically fit and stronger than woman. So in order for you to create a game with female protagonists as capable as male protagonists you would have to be defying the laws of physics/nature.
---
GT: papa cashwads
#6Skribbz1990Posted 7/11/2013 7:04:40 PM
smashthesmurfs posted...
Skribbz1990 posted...

Well just pointing out the obvious here but from an "actiony" game which I'm assuming has a lot of fighting men are typically more physically fit and stronger than woman. So in order for you to create a game with female protagonists as capable as male protagonists you would have to be defying the laws of physics/nature.

Shut up.
---
#7GGearXPosted 7/11/2013 7:05:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8natevinesPosted 7/11/2013 7:13:31 PM
Skribbz1990 posted...

No. No it wouldn't.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#9shawnmckPosted 7/11/2013 7:28:07 PM(edited)
What an ignorant topic.
First of all, she is NOT a gamer, so the chances there will be more "girl games" is NOT gonna happen.
Secondly, Men make up the vast majority of gamers...it's not even close. So why would Developers make more games that only cater to maybe 8% of the gaming population..?
Lastly, it's NOT even up to her...it's up to the DEVELOPERS !
She could literally want a 100% increase in "girl games", but it means NOTHING, because she is NOT who determines what games gets made...Developers do.

And before you say..."durr...Microsoft makes Halo, Forza, Gears of War, Fable, etc, etc..."....do I need to point out to you that Microsoft never once dictated to these Developing studios that they own as to what games to make. The Developers themselves came up with the ideas and MS basically said.."okay, that looks good", and went with it.
Microsoft doesn't know jack **** about games, so they aren't going to dictate to Developers what they should and should not make, other than demanding that it needs to take advantage of Kinect and some lame tv function on the Xbone.
But again, MS wouldn't do that anyway, because that would be counter-productive, since it would ensure that the game doesn't sell all that well.

And what girl games are you talking about exactly ?

Are are you talking about females in the lead character roles...?
Which is a completely different matter altogether.
But they do make tons of games with a female lead character. You must not be looking very hard.
I could name dozens easily.
#10Skribbz1990Posted 7/11/2013 7:34:09 PM
shawnmck posted...
Secondly, Men make up the vast majority of gamers...it's not even close. So why would Developers make more games that only cater to maybe 8% of the gaming population..?

Women make up 47% of the gaming population.
---