This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So now that a woman controls all things xbox

#71shawnmckPosted 7/13/2013 1:54:13 PM
wake_me_420 posted...

...or maybe I'm just mad I couldn't get a Dead Island:Riptide collector's edition because apparently it promoted violence against women and feminists who probably don't even play video games raised a stink.

^ That pissed me off as well.
But was even more insulting was that it was women in the US complaining about an item that was only going to be offered in the UK & possibly Australia. It was not going to even be made available in the US, but all the feminist police pitched such a fit that the Publisher just decided to do away with the zombie bait edition statue altogether.

My point is, what the hell business do these politically correct women in the US have in telling the United Kingdom that something they are getting is "sexist" ?
Go move to the UK, and then you can complain about it.
But since you don't and live in a completely different Country, then mind your own damn business.

And there was nothing sexist about the statue.
Why some were offended is beyond my understanding...but they are hysterical knee-jerk reaction people anyways.
But regardless...if you don't like it, then DON'T buy it. WTF is the problem ?
But nooo, they have to make sure that nobody is allowed to buy it.
Kinda like those vegetarian groups that aren't satisfied with not eating meat themselves...but they have to force their views on everyone else.
#72ukokira1Posted 7/13/2013 2:06:20 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Skribbz1990 posted...
shawnmck posted...
Secondly, Men make up the vast majority of gamers...it's not even close. So why would Developers make more games that only cater to maybe 8% of the gaming population..?

Women make up 47% of the gaming population.

facebook doesn't count

If they are games... Than yes they do.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#73shawnmckPosted 7/13/2013 2:14:19 PM(edited)
And while I don't mind that more & more women are getting into video-games, I think it is insulting to our intelligence to claim that half of gamers are women...and then count all the dance games, farm-ville games, i-phone games, and crap like that.
I am talking about console games, which does not account for any major amount of female gamers.

That's not to say that I don't like playing as a female protagonist in a game. On the contrary, I still have loads of fun with Tomb Raider, Heavenly Sword, and many of the female characters in games with both male & female leads, such as the Mechromancer character in Borderlands 2, or Purna in Dead Island.
But that's not what we are talking about is it..?
Seems to me the discussion has gone to how there should be more girl friendly games such as more Dance games, or more Fruit Ninja type crap.

If that's the way you think, then by all means, get into the industry and make them.
But don't expect any smart business owner to just drop everything else, because by doing so is a recipe for losing money.
Specifically because it is not what the majority of gamers want to play.
They are simply going by what the numbers dictate.

And to even think that the woman MS hired is somehow going to do anything that benefits the industry is a complete joke.
But I am telling you that Microsoft didn't put her there to do anything...she is just there so that people feel guilty about attacking a company that just hired a woman.
Sort of like a man putting on glasses and then saying.."don't hit a man with glasses".
She is purely a puppet role, and just there for optics.

Nor am I saying women can't be in the industry, as there are plenty of influential women in the industry that do very well, and I wish them luck.
But the difference is that they are GAMERS, whereas the woman MS hired is NOT.
As gamers, they understand what the industry needs & wants...but the woman MS hired doesn't have a clue, so what good is she ?
It would be like a car company hiring some Mormon who has never driven a car in his life to head up the company. It's a joke.
#74Mindwipe77(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 6:38:22 AM
shawnmck posted...
Nobody should be viewed or looked upon with adoration simply because of their gender (race, political affiliation, etc)..EVER !
The fact that the TC does this is clear indication how naive the TC really is.

What should be the focus is their EXPERIENCE....and the new MS employee has none, and isn't even a gamer.
She was just appointed for political correctness, in an attempt to prevent any further criticism, in the hope that people will stop attacking MS because they hired a woman.
It is a cheap tactic, and most of us see right through it.

where did i say i adored her? i dont even know the woman, learn to read?
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Lightning's #1 fan
#75DarkSymbiotePosted 7/17/2013 6:53:49 AM
natevines posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

So yeah, why is having a female protagonist in a game so terrible? ?

It's not, just fewer gamers identify with a female protagonist. In real life, females are seldom 'badasses'. I remember in Iraq the females we were forced to take on our convoy thought they were all badass until **** hit the fan, then they all froze up and were crying/hiding. Meh.

Seriously? Were they later dishonourably discharged later?

Yeah, and I've heard plenty of worse stories. Just what I've seen with me own two eyes. I only went on one convoy with females, but they were Army (I was Marine Corps infantry, all male) so I have no idea what happened. Our convoy commander was pretty pissed and I'm sure he let their chain of command have an earful. Knowing how politically correct the armed forces is now, they probably get told "aw, it's okay! combat is stressful, why don't you just sit the war out".

Thanks for the info. And I agree with the last section.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646