This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best impulse buys you've ever made?

#41BDzaPosted 7/12/2013 1:07:21 PM(edited)
espraile posted...
Followed by Xenoblade Chronicles...

That is defiantly my best impulse buy in many, many years. I pre ordered it back when I heard it was coming stateside because I assumed it would become rare very quickly. Forgot about it till it arrived, but then I put it aside with the intention of making my next game to enjoy...10 months later I found it in my game collection. Wow was that a great first week of play...
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->FE: Awakening
#42levyjl1988Posted 7/12/2013 1:31:01 PM
Dragon Age: Origins, bought it on boxing day 2009 when I saw it in the flyer, got the CE at Walmart, the last one. Took some time but later come to love the franchise, 2 was ok. Got all the achievements for it.

Dead Space 1, bought it used for $20, didn't know what to expect, later 1000/1000 it. Great game.

Other games I've bought were accordingly planned. Either by preorder or etc.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#43stargazer1981Posted 7/12/2013 1:35:20 PM
Defiance.

I like it.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#44pothocketPosted 7/12/2013 1:42:23 PM
Best impulse buy I ever made? The Dorito loco taco.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#45DrakillionPosted 7/12/2013 8:13:16 PM
Persona 3 FES. I've never played an JRPG with dating sim mechanics like this before so it was a really fun, new experience for me.

Dragon's Dogma. I'm not a fan of open-world RPG's except for TES: Morrowind but that's because of nostalgia. It's well-made character customization, fun but repetitive combat, and multiples vocations tells of a story on how a game's gameplay pretty much held everything together. Plot didn't really get interesting in the last hour of the game, world feels empty and lifeless and too much walking.

Valkyria Chronicles. This was the closest thing to XCOM that we had before XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair. You can tell this game was made for co-op but I still had fun with the singleplayer. Sub-weapons took too long just to level up.

Phantom Breaker: Battlgrounds. This is a fun beat-em up with some mechanics found primarily in fighting games. I really liked the fact you can downgrade your character once you've reached the maximum level. It made for some interesting runs. Too bad Makoto's the only who who doesn't have a high-pitched voice or didn't sound like a cat.
---
Bleh! Don't you just hate it when you play online, and you're paired up with a team full of Johnny's against a team full of Davids?
#46AApt24Posted 7/12/2013 10:11:44 PM
Skies Of Arcadia on the original dreamcast. Went through that game so many times in high school and never heard of it before i saw it on the shelf at gamestop back almost fifteen years ago.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#47LatchKeyKidPosted 7/12/2013 11:59:19 PM(edited)
Easy.

Deadly Premonition. "20 dollars isn't this game new? And isn't it that Rainy Woods game with that weird trailer from a few years ago? Eh probably sucks but what the hell".

EDF was like that too, but Deadly Premonition came out of nowhere and became one of my favorite games ever.

Another good one was Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage (ugh at the name). Not so much for the game, although that was pretty good too, but it introduced me to Berserk, the only manga I follow and obsess over.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#48JJ2036Posted 7/13/2013 2:21:49 AM
Either cod4 or skyrim. Ill go with cod4 just edging it out.
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#49XspunkyXPosted 7/13/2013 3:55:11 AM
FFVII

I live in Europe (UK) so this was the first FF game i'd ever heard of.
Played it a few times for 5 mins and thought it was crap, had no idea what a JRPG was like. Then one day i sat down and played for about an hour.... and i was hooked!

Had no idea there were turn based games like this!
Shame FF1-6 or Mario RPG etc never came to Europe, would of loved to have been exposed to this Genre when i was growing up!
---
Favourite Games: Final Fantasy X, Borderlands, Diablo 2
#50twa556Posted 7/13/2013 4:31:38 AM
Heavy rain
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!