This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How different is Assassins Creed 3 than the other games in the series?

#1Dillon360Posted 7/12/2013 3:09:34 PM
Other than the new campaign, city, and new character, what is new or improved from previous games?

The reason why I ask is because I LOVE AC3. but it's the only AC game I've ever played. And I want to go back and play the others, but not if they're drastically inferior.

The main thing I would like to know though, is when i'm done beating the other AC games, after I have all my upgrades and items and recruits... Can I just free roam around the city stealth killing the guards or running away from guards and hiding in a crowd or bench or haystack?

That's my favorite thing to do in AC3

=)

Can I do that in the other AC's? And if so, which ones will let me do that?

Thanks!
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#2SunDevil77Posted 7/12/2013 3:15:22 PM
Naval battles <3
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3SheepinatorPosted 7/12/2013 3:28:41 PM
What's new in AC3 is the naval battles. Everything else is inferior, in particular compared to AC2 and Brotherhood. The AC3 story is inferior, the lead characters are inferior, the pacing is inferior, the mission quality is inferior (no depth, tons of things to do but each thing you can do has no depth), the combat is inferior, etc.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 3:35:51 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Naval battles <3

So I can still free roam in the other games after i've completed them and run around stealth killing guards or running away from guards then escaping them by hiding in crowds, benches or haystacks?

Do the other games have a notoriety system like AC3? Where the more crimes you commit the easier it is for them to spot you?

Can you still remove wanted posters to reduce your notoriety?

Basically, I just want to free roam and stealth kill guards and run from guards and escape by hiding in crowds, benches, haystacks, etc.

I call it Ninja Hide and seek...

Can I do that in all of the other Assassin Creeds?
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
#5SheepinatorPosted 7/12/2013 3:33:54 PM
TC, yes to those questions, and have you tried the multi-player?
---
#6Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 3:40:08 PM
Sheepinator posted...

No. Not yet.

I have a feeling I would get DEMOLISHED playing against all of these pros who have had the game for so long. Know all of the maps and tactics. As well as having better equipment...

I would be screwed!

The co op sounds pretty fun though...
---
#7SheepinatorPosted 7/12/2013 4:48:40 PM
Dillon360 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

No. Not yet.

I have a feeling I would get DEMOLISHED playing against all of these pros who have had the game for so long. Know all of the maps and tactics. As well as having better equipment...

I would be screwed!

The coop in AC3 is fun. You really should try MP, it's a new and fresh take on MP. I'll concede it's hard to come 1st out of 8 while low level, but it isn't hard to be top 3. The map layout has little impact either. You get more points for stealth kills so I usually hang out in low profile near the center of the map. I've often won matches by literally doing no more than ambling around the center area and killing my unsuspecting target as he passed through while hunting his own target.
---
#8Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 3:08:25 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Dillon360 posted...
Sheepinator posted...

No. Not yet.

I would be screwed!

The coop in AC3 is fun. You really should try MP, it's a new and fresh take on MP. I'll concede it's hard to come 1st out of 8 while low level, but it isn't hard to be top 3. The map layout has little impact either. You get more points for stealth kills so I usually hang out in low profile near the center of the map. I've often won matches by literally doing no more than ambling around the center area and killing my unsuspecting target as he passed through while hunting his own target.

Are there modes with teams? I don't like free for all modes. I'm more of a team kinda guy...

You'll find that out if we ever play Splinter Cell Blacklist Spies vs Mercs together...

I was the greatest teammate in Chaos Theory. I'd always follow my teammate and right when he'd get knocked down, I would swoop from out of the darkness and snap the mercs neck...

It Was Awesome! ... If Spies vs Mercs in Blacklist is just as HALF as good as Chaos Theory's then it'll STILL be my all time favorite MP game on the 360...

If anybody wants to laugh at how awful I am at AC3 or wants to Ninja up on Splinter Cell Blacklist when it comes out just hit me up!

GT = DillonB1991

And one more question, I can even free roam in the oldest AC game? Assassins Creed 1?
---
#9kingbahamut83Posted 7/14/2013 1:32:11 AM
I liked the ezio games better but this wasn't all bad. The mp is fun, but it took me awhile to figure it out. Still at a lower level so I don't have some of the better stuff. I find its better to play mp with headphones/gaming headset so you can hear the whispering, which tells you someone is after you and close by.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
YouTube.com/#/accursedvenom
#10TheIastspartanPosted 7/14/2013 1:39:11 AM
The reason why I ask is because I LOVE AC3. but it's the only AC game I've ever played. And I want to go back and play the others, but not if they're drastically inferior.

It's actually the complete opposite. AC3 is drastically inferior to the older games. Namely, AC2 and Brotherhood. Revelations is crap though.