This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anything else new besides the design of the redesigned X360?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anything else new besides the design of the redesigned X360?
2 years ago#1
It does look nicer being made to look like the Xbox One.

Are the original Xbox game patches already included on the 250gb hard drive, for Xbox game backwards compatibility?
---
Hey so the guy did a 360 on the X720 thing.You mean a 180 on the X720 thing! If he did a 360 on the X720 thing,it would still be the X720!!What?Trust me. Blam!!
2 years ago#2
All I know is they removed a USB slot on the back and I think they removed the optical audio input slot.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
2 years ago#3
Yep i have it and they did take away a usb port, optical audio, and the big port used for component video/audio. thankfully my tv has an optical out port otherwise my 200$ TB's would be useless.
2 years ago#4
NeojianX posted...

Are the original Xbox game patches already included on the 250gb hard drive, for Xbox game backwards compatibility?

No patches are ever included on the HDD, they're always downloaded when you start the game if your system is connected online.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
2 years ago#5
I got a 320gb Halo 4 X360 instead and almost all of my Xbox games are already BC on it out of the box

It seems quieter and have other little extras

Not just an awesome design.
---
Hey so the guy did a 360 on the X720 thing.You mean a 180 on the X720 thing! If he did a 360 on the X720 thing,it would still be the X720!!What?Trust me. Blam!!
2 years ago#6
TheBlueStig posted...
NeojianX posted...

No patches are ever included on the HDD, they're always downloaded when you start the game if your system is connected online.

He's talking about the backwards compatability emulator. Semantics, really.
No idea if the new console has that on-board, but I would kind of imagine it wuld. And you'd probably still need to download the occasional game-specific update to it.

It's a weird thing they got rid of the audio out option. How's anyone meant to use headphones with it now?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
2 years ago#7
Dragon Nexus posted...

No idea if the new console has that on-board, but I would kind of imagine it wuld. And you'd probably still need to download the occasional game-specific update to it.

It's a weird thing they got rid of the audio out option. How's anyone meant to use headphones with it now?

Nintendo did the same with their Wii U. It's a trend my surround sound system and $300 headphones don't appreciate.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
2 years ago#8
656stooge posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Nintendo did the same with their Wii U. It's a trend my surround sound system and $300 headphones don't appreciate.

I know TOSlink is supposedly going out of style, but come on they haven't replaced it with anything yet. Don't just say "Well we have HDMI!" as if that solves anything. Like I want to listen to the game audio on my craptastic TV speakers.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Anything else new besides the design of the redesigned X360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived