This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Older Xboxers- the little flap that covers the usb ports in front

#1SithtristenPosted 7/12/2013 10:00:08 PM
So, I was playing some GTA IV earlier, and went to plug in my charging cable for my headset. So, I push it into the usb port, but not before hearing a little tick from the flap/guard cover. Sure enough, turns out I broke it. So, now it's pretty loose, and won't close. Normally, I would've kinda freaked out, as I'm ocd and hate it when things break, but I'm going to buy a slim soon anyways. I've had this box since 09, anyways, and it's the Pro model. It overheats, so I'm upgrading.

But, anyways, back on topic. Ironically, this wasn't the first time I did this. My first xbox I got in 08 rrod'd, and a few days before I shipped it off, I broke the little hatch thing on the faceplate of it, too.

So, I was just curious, has anyone else had bad luck on these on their xboxes? I'm not even sure if slims have them on the front (I think they don't, but idk)

just kinda makes me sad now, I'm going to be staring at the front of my xbox while i play thinking "Why am I such a brute? :("
#2RenamonPosted 7/12/2013 10:02:34 PM
Was it the plastic that broke or just the little spring that closes it for you?
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3Sithtristen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 10:06:39 PM
Possibly the spring, as it's still attached, but won't close. I can kinda get it to if i'm quick enough.

This is minor, though, considering I have to have a box fan set on high just to keep my Xbox from overheating. I guess it's dying one piece at a time :(
#4_SCOTSLADPosted 7/13/2013 1:20:28 AM
I am sure if you look for one you will find a replacement face plate, they were big back then for a time also in lots of flavours.

http://www.gamehoot.com/2010/09/xbox-360-accessories/pimp-out-your-xbox-360.html
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#5AssassinDXPosted 7/13/2013 1:40:03 AM
I've done the same thing with that flap, busted the spring by the look of it. It doesn't bother me too much but I was a little annoyed that it broke so easily.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#6CapwnDPosted 7/13/2013 1:56:36 AM
The original model? I have a bunch of regular faceplates, I kept them like skull prize rewards, whenever I sent in a 360 for repairs. I would send you one for free, just let me know if you want black or white.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7TheMuffinPosted 7/13/2013 2:11:56 AM
It actually happens a lot. It you look on eBay you'll see a ton missing that door. The plastic used for the hinge was about as thick as a pube.
---
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.
#8kingbahamut83Posted 7/13/2013 3:02:38 AM
The slims do have them by the way.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
YouTube.com/#/accursedvenom
#9TBD2009Posted 7/13/2013 3:11:08 AM
I'm rocking a 2009 Jasper Elite... never had the USB door cover break on me. I also have an old Falcon, with the USB door still in perfect working order.

And I use the front USB ports frequently on both models (I'm constantly backing up save files to flash drives), so if they were going to break, it would have happened a long time ago.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#10Killah PriestPosted 7/13/2013 5:42:04 AM
I've had it happen 3 or 4 times.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.