This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else is sticking with the 360 for at least another 2 years?

#1gameloverPS2Posted 7/13/2013 8:02:16 AM
I've been out of the gaming scene for the past year and a half, and suddenly there is news about the all NEW Xbox One.

Does this feel too soon to anyone else? I still honestly think my 360 is a powerful machine, with so much more potential in terms of game development. There is still so much solid titles in the backlog.

Further, I didn't appreciate the fact that the Xbox One would not be backwards compatible - which means once my 360 eventually dies out, all my 360 games are rendered obsolete.

I just kind of wished the Xbox One wouldn't be released so soon. I still think it's an adequate system, even today.

Just wanted to get some of your thoughts. Are you actually excited about the upcoming generation of video games, or do you still enjoy your 360 enough not to upgrade?

P.S. Do you think they will still release new 360 titles after the release of the Xbox One.
---
Addicted to good design.
#2MangorushXIIIPosted 7/13/2013 8:10:15 AM
I'll probably stick with my 360, PS3 and Wii for another 2 or 3 years since I don't want to take the risk of getting a new console that may have some hardware issues like RROD or YLOD or whatever plus I have a bit of backlog I want to finish and some other games I want to eventually get that I haven't bought yet..so I'll wait until Microsoft/Sony announce a new model of their console and wait until Nintendo comes out with a bigger storage device than 32 GB.
---
Live: Mangorush V
PSN: MangorushV
#3SunDevil77Posted 7/13/2013 8:11:20 AM
Too soon? It's been almost a decade.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4takidigits2005Posted 7/13/2013 8:35:42 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Too soon? It's been almost a decade.

^ I have to agree with this. I'm not getting rid of my 360 ever, but I'm definitely ready for the new generation of consoles.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#5iLikeMtnDewPosted 7/13/2013 8:41:56 AM
Considering that I own over 50 or so games that I haven't played yet across the 360/PS3/Wii, it's pretty safe to say that I won't be getting a next gen system anytime soon
---
Cavaliers/Browns/Indians
#6LanternOfAshPosted 7/13/2013 8:50:00 AM
Unfortunately I know full well how ancient the 360 technology is, so no, I won't be playing it a day longer than I have to.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#7levyjl1988Posted 7/13/2013 9:06:22 AM
Why not?

Destiny, DA:I, Watch Dogs, SR4, SP:SoT, GTAV, Dark Souls 2, the 360 still has some life left over until the support of 360 is lost.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#8schmittycent2Posted 7/13/2013 9:22:47 AM
I'm sticking with it until they stop making games for it, than I will just buy older games.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#9JKSonicPosted 7/13/2013 9:30:14 AM
I really don't know, we'll see. Honestly it'll depend how much extra money I have before/if I get next gen consoles. I have so much stuff on the 360 I either haven't played or haven't played as much as I want to. Then with GTA coming out so late (I'm extremely skeptical of it but who am I kidding, obviously I'm going to buy it) it'll probably take me a while while to get through that.

I wouldn't say I'll last TWO years though. By that time it'll be weird playing launch titles I missed out on since I'll have so much catching up to do. It'll be one of those situations where I have so many games to choose from I'll never end up sticking with anything.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#10shawnmckPosted 7/13/2013 9:37:44 AM
I'll be sticking to my Xb 360 for many years to come.

Don't get me wrong though, as I do believe it's about damn time for the next-generation of games...but I am not happy with the Xbone, so I will just stick with my XB 360.
At least until Microsoft does away with the initial Internet set-up, and offers a Kinect free version.