This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else is sticking with the 360 for at least another 2 years?

#21bliptychPosted 7/13/2013 8:07:51 PM
As long as the games I want are still coming out for the 360, I'm going to keep playing it. Plus bought several discounted 360 games so I'll be sticking with the system for a long time.
---
3DS FC: 3754-7133-6238 | XBL: AWOL Cosmonaut
Forever waiting for new Hotel Dusk and Jake Hunter games
#22C810Posted 7/13/2013 8:44:34 PM
I am for the time being. I don't really have much of a reason to upgrade at the moment. The Xbox One has turned me off because of the DRM policies and Microsoft's ability to turn it back on at the flip of a switch. The PS4 looks good, but I haven't seen anything that makes me need to upgrade to it yet. Anyway, there are still plenty of games on the 360 for me to play.

If the Xbox One was backwards compatible I would be more interested in upgrading, but since it isn't then I don't care as much. I like my current library and I don't want to lose access to it
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#23scoobydoobydontPosted 7/13/2013 8:49:06 PM
C810 posted...
If the Xbox One was backwards compatible I would be more interested in upgrading, but since it isn't then I don't care as much. I like my current library and I don't want to lose access to it

This so much. DR3, prettier Spark, Quantum Break, Forza... if they just hadn't screwed up BC I would have been too tempted. In a way, I'm grateful though.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around. - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#24JanayBerryPosted 7/13/2013 9:01:40 PM
I also personally think the current consoles are doing extremely well; we're still buying games and accessories, we keep our memberships paid, we put in a LOT of money over time into them.

All I really would want is an upgrade rather than a new system.

I have been gaming since '85, so I seen many consoles come and go. The fact that new systems are coming is a morale killer.

I will definitely not say I won't go next gen, but I DO know it will not be at launch. I still heavily play my current games, even old ones, and I STILL buy digital.
---
Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
#25Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/13/2013 9:15:12 PM(edited)
iLikeMtnDew posted...
Considering that I own over 50 or so games that I haven't played yet across the 360/PS3/Wii, it's pretty safe to say that I won't be getting a next gen system anytime soon

ding ding ding..

not to mention the games I need to REPLAY like Condemned that I haven't played for 7 years...

who the hell needs a new console?
#26infinitexxPosted 7/13/2013 9:14:26 PM
Definitely not too soon, this is a long ass generation. I mean sure, I'll still use my 360 from time to time (I still use systems from generations before the current one), but I'll probably pick up a new console and shift most online gaming to that.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#27CaIiber345Posted 7/13/2013 9:15:29 PM
I love my 360, and I'll be picking up a PS4 on launch day. However, with only BF4 really piquing my interest on next-gen launch day, I'm going to stick around on 360. GTA V alone is enough to keep me busy for months.

When games like Destiny, The Division, inFamous Second Son, and Deep Down start releasing, then I'm going to start using the PS4 more often. Seeing how great GTA V looks, I still think there is plenty of life left in the 360 (and PS3).
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#28duckluckyPosted 7/13/2013 9:18:46 PM
You bet! My 360 isn't even a year old.
---
---
PSN: Aiustis, XBL: Aiustis, 3DS: 0533-4718-4217
#29Pacman2dxPosted 7/13/2013 11:02:33 PM
Not a backlog -- but I still have certain games I need to play on 360, don't even get me started on PS3. I've neglected that console completely due to a small HDD - I figure most of the titles I want to play should be at least 20 bucks by now.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
''Laugh, and grow fat ..'' - Fatman (MGS2)
#30SunDevil77Posted 7/14/2013 5:25:04 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
iLikeMtnDew posted...
Considering that I own over 50 or so games that I haven't played yet across the 360/PS3/Wii, it's pretty safe to say that I won't be getting a next gen system anytime soon

ding ding ding..

not to mention the games I need to REPLAY like Condemned that I haven't played for 7 years...

who the hell needs a new console?

The people that want gaming to evolve a bit.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539