This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Congrats Street Fighter 4 on your 4th Edition - Capcom has gone Nutz -

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 7/13/2013 9:08:22 PM(edited)
Gillian Seed posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
I bought SF4 once, I refuse to buy it again, so I'm working only with regular SF4. S*** is so backwards, I don't know how fans can defend this convoluted nonsense.

Because it's the same thing we saw in the arcades. There were five Street Fighter II's, and three Street Fighter III's. With arcades pretty much a thing of the past Capcom is just bringing the arcade fighting games straight to us. Back in the 90's if you told me $60 would buy me unlimited credits for the latest Street Fighter II update I'd be ecstatic.

And think if you applied that anti-update logic to Street Fighter II. There would be no Super Street Street Fighter II Turbo. If you don't think that's a big deal then I can see how you don't get these 'super' updates.

That doesn't explain why they could do dlc for SF4 before and now but couldn't do the stuff in between as dlc too. I don't care if they repackage it each time at retail, but in the age of dlc, an age SF4 was properly built to take advantage of, why is an original SF4 owner like me being screwed unless I buy a separate retail release? Nothing you're saying really justifies that IMO.

Also, no, I don't think SSF2T was a big deal to me. I honestly couldn't tell you which SF2 I played on Genesis back in the day. I played the one I saw, it was fun, I didn't think about it much. But I'm not competitive or anything, I'm casual and I fully admit this. I was just trying to find out if I missed some justification for that lack of dlc for og SF4 before now, or if I missed a dlc release somewhere. I'm still confused on if this is even coming to og SF4 or not.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around. - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#32PutHaggarInSFPosted 7/13/2013 9:10:34 PM
It's gonna be an add-on to the previous version for 20 or a stand alone game for 40, just like the last update.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qeNRr.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#33ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 7/14/2013 6:50:29 AM(edited)
as much as i hate money-hungry capcom, this sounds kinda cool. may buy a $5 copy of vanilla sf4 then upgrade for $15
---
R.I.P. Ryan Davis
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#34GawdDawgsPosted 7/14/2013 6:57:15 AM
I only have SSF4. Does this come with the Arcade Edition characters too?
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#35Gillian SeedPosted 7/14/2013 7:17:20 AM
Gillian Seed posted...
I bought SF4 once, I refuse to buy it again, so I'm working only with regular SF4. S*** is so backwards, I don't know how fans can defend this convoluted nonsense.

Because it's the same thing we saw in the arcades. There were five Street Fighter II's, and three Street Fighter III's. With arcades pretty much a thing of the past Capcom is just bringing the arcade fighting games straight to us. Back in the 90's if you told me $60 would buy me unlimited credits for the latest Street Fighter II update I'd be ecstatic.

And think if you applied that anti-update logic to Street Fighter II. There would be no Super Street Street Fighter II Turbo. If you don't think that's a big deal then I can see how you don't get these 'super' updates.

That doesn't explain why they could do dlc for SF4 before and now but couldn't do the stuff in between as dlc too. I don't care if they repackage it each time at retail, but in the age of dlc, an age SF4 was properly built to take advantage of, why is an original SF4 owner like me being screwed unless I buy a separate retail release? Nothing you're saying really justifies that IMO.

Also, no, I don't think SSF2T was a big deal to me. I honestly couldn't tell you which SF2 I played on Genesis back in the day. I played the one I saw, it was fun, I didn't think about it much. But I'm not competitive or anything, I'm casual and I fully admit this. I was just trying to find out if I missed some justification for that lack of dlc for og SF4 before now, or if I missed a dlc release somewhere. I'm still confused on if this is even coming to og SF4 or not.

Of course I can't explain why the original SFIV is upgradable now when it wasn't before. The only information I have is what the rest of the public has. That is there is a report that says all SFIV editions will be upgradable.

The best theory I can come up with is the original SFIV wasn't made with these kind of updates in mind. After a year they weren't able to figure out how to upgrade it, but after four years maybe they have. And if they did put more time and effort in to getting the original SFIV upgradable that's a good thing.

Also, it's a bit early to treat that report as absolute fact. It's possible it was announced, or meant to be announced, all versions of Super Street Fighter IV are upgradable. The report might have mistakenly left out 'Super', or the announcer mistakenly didn't say it. I would wait a bit to see if the original SFIV being upgradable is actually true.
#36TheBlueStigPosted 7/14/2013 7:24:43 AM
The Top Crusader posted...
Lots of Final Fight characters... maybe Haggar is finally going to join in on the street fighting?

It could be Haggar, but they said it would be a character that has never appeared in a street fighter game before, but technically he's been in the games, just not as a playable character.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Mike_Haggar
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#37PutHaggarInSFPosted 7/14/2013 9:29:17 AM
I have to assume they meant as playable. At least I hope, because my username.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qeNRr.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#38shawnmckPosted 7/14/2013 9:36:31 AM
Cool, I was thinking about getting the game...and now I can just wait and get the updated version (on disc).

But in the end, it is still just optional.
Sure, Capcom re-releases games, but they are still optional and you don't have to buy them if you don't want.
You can still just purchase the new stuff separately for $15 bucks...so what is the problem ?

And for people who don't like to go On-line and down-load this stuff, it makes it easier for us to get the stuff on disc.
So I think its a GOOD thing.
:)

BYW
I bought the original Dragon's Dogma when it came out...and later re-bought the Dark Arisen version that came out for $40 bucks...and it was money well spent, imho.
#39SoincMetalPosted 7/14/2013 9:40:21 AM
shawnmck posted...
Cool, I was thinking about getting the game...and now I can just wait and get the updated version (on disc).

But in the end, it is still just optional.
Sure, Capcom re-releases games, but they are still optional and you don't have to buy them if you don't want.
You can still just purchase the new stuff separately for $15 bucks...so what is the problem ?

And for people who don't like to go On-line and down-load this stuff, it makes it easier for us to get the stuff on disc.
So I think its a GOOD thing.
:)

BYW
I bought the original Dragon's Dogma when it came out...and later re-bought the Dark Arisen version that came out for $40 bucks...and it was money well spent, imho.

Do you know why it was money well spent? Cause it was something you were looking forward too, like u said don't want it? don't buy it. It's that simple. I haven't updated my SSF4, buy will now. Hoping everything from AE is in this version.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#40TheBlueStigPosted 7/14/2013 9:53:41 AM
I got SSF4AE when it was on sale, so I've only got $10 in it and never bought any of the costume packs. So for me this will be a cheap upgrade but I'll get my money's worth.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin