This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand people who say achievements are worthless

#1vgsrulePosted 7/13/2013 3:13:35 PM
Games are worthless, in the long run. Achievements are just badges that show your accomplishments. Plenty of game before this generation had badges or medals that did little to benefit you in the game.

Pretty much everyone I see that says this only seems to be trying to "look cool" anyway, to be honest.

The way people feel the need to say something like "I'm not an achievement whore" before they ask a question about an achievement is pathetic, really, along with the fact that they almost need to.

If you don't like achievements, fine. No need to bring it up at any point achievements are mentioned and act like it makes you superior.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#2TheRobPosted 7/13/2013 3:18:58 PM
They aren't worthless.

Thanks to them I now get 2% back on all of my marketplace purchases. That's incentive enough for me.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 7/13/2013 3:27:49 PM
Achievements are worthless. The fun you have earning them isn't. So if you have fun earning them... good on ya. I don't care about them, myself, but... that's my 2 cents.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4stargazer1981Posted 7/13/2013 3:32:09 PM
At best they add some replay value. At worst, they're worthless "pats on the back". Either way, I'm indifferent.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#5JetblackmoonPosted 7/13/2013 3:49:28 PM
Achievements are fine, but a lot of the time they're too simple. A lot of the time, achievements are just crap like playing through the game, which anyone can do.
---
Hey, everyone! This store discriminates against the poor!
#6SoincMetalPosted 7/13/2013 3:58:21 PM
You don't like it when people complain about achievements yet you make a topic complaining about liking them.........Irony?
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7beautifuldreamsPosted 7/13/2013 5:04:10 PM
they're so in your face, that they can be hard to ignore. trying to ignore them can be like trying to ignore the camp merchant in Dragon age that tries to sell you DLC. sure you can do it, but it's annoying nonetheless
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#8TheRobPosted 7/13/2013 5:27:18 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
they're so in your face, that they can be hard to ignore. trying to ignore them can be like trying to ignore the camp merchant in Dragon age that tries to sell you DLC. sure you can do it, but it's annoying nonetheless

Turn off achievement notifications, problem solved.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#9lostoutlawnbPosted 7/13/2013 5:31:31 PM
I like to eat Twizzlers at movies but the packaging makes too much noise.
#10Doktor_WilhelmPosted 7/13/2013 5:31:54 PM
SoincMetal posted...
You don't like it when people complain about achievements yet you make a topic complaining about liking them.........Irony?

It's not irony and neither is rain on your wedding day.
The term you're looking for is hypocrisy.
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees