This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand people who say achievements are worthless

#31djwagonPosted 7/14/2013 9:46:04 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
djwagon posted...
BansDontWork posted...
Seeing as the Rewards scheme is ending on August 1st, 2% will be a thing of the past.
lol great info .now I knew I will not get anything for WORTHLESS AWRDS


XBL Rewards is NOT ending, maybe both of you should get the right info so you don't make yourselves look stupid.......too late.

The ONLY THING that is ending August 1st is MS Points, XBL Rewards already sent out an email saying exactly that, but it's clear that all the detractors never got that email because they not a member in the first f***ing place.

People will still get rewards, they just won't be given out in Points.
WHO CARES .if I was wrong there .I stand by what I say.awards are totally worthless and they where put in to make them money.plus if someone wants your business.they will give you anything to get it.on my electric bill I have to pay them .but I also have someone trying to get my business to save me money.I told the guy on the phone .you want my business it will cost you 75% of my electric bill to get me to sign -up.plus it is all on tape as well as in writing .I now have to only pay 25% of my electric bill and they pay the other 75% .that is thier bill as well as the electric companies bill.so please do not tell me companies can not give you deals to get your business
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#32SoincMetalPosted 7/14/2013 9:53:38 AM
What electric company do you have cause that makes no sense. Their losing money with your account.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#33Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/14/2013 10:06:39 AM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Achievements are fine, people who play games for achievements are annoying. I have friends that will just play through a game to get achievements and then never play it again. Even if the game is fun, it's not worth playing to them because they've already got the achievements. That digital pat on the back is a real addiction for some weak-minded people.


pretty much this.

The achievement I get from a game is living out a fantastic experience. Thats all I need for an achievement.
#34TheBlueStigPosted 7/14/2013 10:11:10 AM
djwagon posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
djwagon posted...
BansDontWork posted...
Seeing as the Rewards scheme is ending on August 1st, 2% will be a thing of the past.
lol great info .now I knew I will not get anything for WORTHLESS AWRDS


XBL Rewards is NOT ending, maybe both of you should get the right info so you don't make yourselves look stupid.......too late.

The ONLY THING that is ending August 1st is MS Points, XBL Rewards already sent out an email saying exactly that, but it's clear that all the detractors never got that email because they not a member in the first f***ing place.

People will still get rewards, they just won't be given out in Points.
WHO CARES .if I was wrong there .I stand by what I say.awards are totally worthless and they where put in to make them money.plus if someone wants your business.they will give you anything to get it.on my electric bill I have to pay them .but I also have someone trying to get my business to save me money.I told the guy on the phone .you want my business it will cost you 75% of my electric bill to get me to sign -up.plus it is all on tape as well as in writing .I now have to only pay 25% of my electric bill and they pay the other 75% .that is thier bill as well as the electric companies bill.so please do not tell me companies can not give you deals to get your business


You're so full of it it's coming out your ears.

No company is going to knock 75% off ANY bill just because you ask them to, and as I said before, 2% back is the industry standard for credit cards and you don't complain about that, but you DO complain about it for Live purchases? That makes you a raging HYPOCRITE.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#35djwagonPosted 7/14/2013 11:06:27 AM
SoincMetal posted...
What electric company do you have cause that makes no sense. Their losing money with your account.
lol now i am being attacked for saving money .man these boards make me lol
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#36SoincMetalPosted 7/14/2013 11:14:31 AM
Saving money is what your supposed to do. But your electric ethier doesn't care about making money or they're just really dumb.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#37djwagonPosted 7/14/2013 11:21:45 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Saving money is what your supposed to do. But your electric ethier doesn't care about making money or they're just really dumb.
I agree there on them being dumb .but they agree to my terms and I am good for a year
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#38darkharePosted 7/14/2013 11:42:25 AM
achievements are worth the time and effort you put into getting them, many chevos take very little time and effort so I can see how some would think they weren't worth anything but not all chevos are worthless. I personally enjoy getting achievements that are difficult, so for me they are worth something; the enjoyment of putting in the time and effort in obtaining them.


.
---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#39TheRobPosted 7/14/2013 4:09:50 PM
kwarantine posted...
TheRob posted...
They aren't worthless.

Thanks to them I now get 2% back on all of my marketplace purchases. That's incentive enough for me.


How does that work


If you're also signed up to the XBox Live Rewards program you'll get a percentage of your monthly purchases back at the beginning of the next month.

If your Gamerscore is 10,000 to 24,999, then you get 1% back on your monthly purchases. If your Gamerscore is 25,000+ you get 2% back.

It might not seem like much, but as I said it adds up over time. It's nothing to write home about, so to speak, but I haven't had to go out of my way to get this it was just given to me for simply playing games. Complaining about it, like some people do, is just petty and ridiculous, it makes them sound like spoiled brats who think they're entitled to everything.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|