This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is your backlog keeping you in this gen for at least a year?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/13/2013 9:23:01 PM
Is your backlog keeping you in this gen for at least a year? - Results (165 votes)
Yes, not to mention the games still releasing this year!
69.7% (115 votes)
Somewhat, I want a new console but none of the games announced interest me.
13.94% (23 votes)
No way, I want a new console ASAP! This gen has gone on too long!
16.36% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Next gen yes or no or maybe?
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 7/13/2013 9:27:56 PM
I have literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours of gaming backloggery awaiting me. And thousands more from games I don't own. I could literally never buy another console again and still never run out of fresh, untouched games to play.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around. - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#3HandGodPosted 7/13/2013 9:38:39 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I have literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours of gaming backloggery awaiting me. And thousands more from games I don't own. I could literally never buy another console again and still never run out of fresh, untouched games to play.

I'm kind of the same at this moment. I'm kind of bewildered on how I managed to build up a backlog, even though I used to never have one back when the generation first started.

However, I am taking the plunge into next-gen consoles for reasons unclear to even myself.
#4Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:45:57 PM

I have you blocked? You're actually making sense..
#5TheAwesomeMattPosted 7/13/2013 10:08:13 PM
Working full time and trying to be social leaves me about 6 hours a week of vidya game time, I have maybe 6 games in my backlog and I have no idea how long it'll take to get through.

I'm probably good to get a PS4 or XBox One in 3 years.

God knows how people with kids get time to play.
---
Probably the same sort of person who frequently does my Mother every night good and hard. - atastycrumpet
#6coldblooded88Posted 7/13/2013 10:59:41 PM
Oh hell yes. Besides the games on my list on the Xbox 360, I've got a bunch of Steam games I want to play through, and the summer sale isn't helping at all.
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."
#7TenzhiPosted 7/13/2013 11:27:42 PM
I don't have a backlog. It seems like in the last year or two I've been constantly between games, waiting for something to come out that I want to play. I don't see this as an impetus for jumping to the next gen, though. I'll get one of those whenever I get one.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 7/13/2013 11:42:34 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

I have you blocked? You're actually making sense..

Well I sure don't know why you had/have me blocked. I'm not a freakin mind reader.

....yet.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#9Just_The_TipPosted 7/14/2013 12:20:34 AM
My backlog is part of the reason. It's massive, especially with my inability to refuse most XBLA/GoD sales.

I'm also waiting for at least the first price drop and hoping any hardware problems will be ironed out before I drop my hard earned cash.

I'm more than likely to go the PC route when I'm done with my 360 though.
---
well i don't really hate you with a burning passion because i don't really give you that much thought, but i do think you're a ****ing idiot.
#10raintree_leafPosted 7/14/2013 12:30:52 AM
I still have my ps2 backlog to clear, not to mention the psp, ds, wii, xbox 360, ps3, 3ds, vita back log. I think I have enough games to last without ever buying the next two generation of consoles.
---
"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." ~Buddha