This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate AC: Revelations?

#1kwarantinePosted 7/14/2013 7:41:42 AM
It's not my favorite AC game, but i don't think it's terrible. For me, i'd say it's about as good as AC3. 2 and Brotherhood were my favorite.

The main problem I had was that nothing really new was added, but it was still fun to play
---
GT: Menace 117 PSN: Menace117
I would've liked to run tests on those seashells. - Mordin Solus
#2OverburdenedPosted 7/14/2013 7:53:12 AM
people love to whine.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#3glassghost0Posted 7/14/2013 8:22:05 AM(edited)
Because it's horrible.

Old Ezio moves extremely slow, tower defense, pointless missions, 1st person segments are kind of neat but overall don't work very well, too much focus on building bombs

I mean it's still decent, but it is the worst entry in the series
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4nazacuckooPosted 7/14/2013 8:32:30 AM(edited)
Overburdened posted...
people love to whine.

This. And I also want to say thanks to glassghost0 for the demonstration.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#5glassghost0Posted 7/14/2013 8:36:30 AM
whining = personal opinion of a game

mmmk

I even said the game is still fine but it's the worst entry, even gave the reasons instead of blindly saying it's trash
---
No Thanks
#6OverburdenedPosted 7/14/2013 9:04:41 AM
the same with fable3 (not starting a war)

i dont understand people who love the series then 'hate' this one. it may be different from the others, but nothing to hate about it, its still fable. same with assassins creed.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#7glassghost0Posted 7/14/2013 9:09:25 AM
Overburdened posted...
the same with fable3 (not starting a war)

i dont understand people who love the series then 'hate' this one. it may be different from the others, but nothing to hate about it, its still fable. same with assassins creed.

Fable 3 was really dumbed down but it's the only Fable I enjoyed
---
No Thanks
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 7/14/2013 9:50:26 AM
IMO I was and am just burned out on AC as they chose to push the series. If it was more like AC1 (yeah, you read that right) and had older, more exotic settings, I would still love it but it became a bloated, assassinations-as-an-afterthought, Eurocentric bore. As a bloated, assassinations-as-an-afterthought, Eurocentric bore, I only had about one games worth of interest in it. I think Brotherhood wasn't that great either and I hate 3 and have zero interest in 4. 3 and 4 especially shouldn't have even been AC games, they should have been new IPs IMO.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#9joegt123Posted 7/14/2013 10:17:38 AM
-Glitchfest (including one gamebreaking one that was ADDED INTO THE GAME by the title update)
-Terrible story. Desmond and Ezio both, though Ezio's was at least remotely interesting.
-Horribad minigame.
-Bombs were basically pointless. Though, admittedly, fun.
-"Full Synch"....

All I can think of at the moment.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#10GawdDawgsPosted 7/14/2013 10:18:33 AM
It's unjustly hated. It's actually a very good game, but coming right after the awesome AC2 and Brotherhood, its disappointing for several reasons.

For the most part it boils down to this: it feels rushed. The two new elements of the game (tower defense and first-person sections) are extremely undercooked and feel shoehorned in. The story offers nothing in terms of progression. Ezio sort of randomly gets involved in the city, falls in love, and discovers what happened to Altair. The modern day story offers nothing except for some background on Desmond, and the "Subject 16" subplot they introduced in 2 and Brotherhood felt really anti-climactic when resolved in Rev.

In other words, it feels like filler. But, that being said, it's quite good filler. It's just a step down from 2 and Brotherhood, and people love to exaggerate that.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.