This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blue Dragon or Star Ocean?

#1KingTykeem187Posted 7/14/2013 10:52:17 AM
What would you pick up first? Also why?
---
(XboX Live) king tykeem 187
(PSN) kingtykeem187
#2alienfreaks04Posted 7/14/2013 11:14:09 AM
Blue Dragon is a fun, if kind of typical JRPG. Fun battle system, fun story. Although is can become a little bit of a grind in the last 20% of the game as JRPGs can become. I'm not a bigg JRPG guy, but I was in the mood and this gave me the fix I was looking for.

I never played any Star Ocean.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#3GGearXPosted 7/14/2013 11:16:30 AM
Isn't star ocean not turn based?

Get that. Way better than a turn based RPG.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#4NevercomingdownPosted 7/14/2013 11:42:00 AM
GGearX posted...
Isn't star ocean not turn based?

Get that. Way better than a turn based RPG.

Some people like turn based.. I do.

Blue Dragon is good, better than the demo would make you think. It has a really great job system that kinda reminds me of FFV. The characters and story are eh, alright. It's fun though.

Star Ocean starts off good but the story ends up really bad, same with the characters and voice acting. All about the worst I've ever seen in a video game. If you can look past that though it has some good moments. Some nice looking areas, lots to do after you've beat the story. Combat is decent, but Tales of Vesperia does it better.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
#5thebigTZPosted 7/14/2013 11:45:19 AM
if you have a ps3 your better off getting star ocean international on that. i have had 2 copies on 360 and the disc 2 froze and was unplayable at the end so i couldnt start disc 3. the character designs of blue dragon are by the guy that did DBZ.
---
XBL, SEN and Steam - thebigTZ
#6Dante729Posted 7/14/2013 11:57:08 AM
I suppose that depends on what you like more.

- Some of the characters in Blue Dragon were intolerable, but they are not nearly as bad as the characters in Star Ocean.

- Blue Dragon has nothing to offer in terms of difficulty, unless you download the free hard mode.

- The combat is Blue Dragon is turn based, while the combat in Star Ocean isn't. Star Ocean has a system which I can't do justice explaining, so I'll just show you this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGZG8g22-U

- Star Ocean has far more endgame content than Blue Dragon.

- Both games look pretty good, but I'd say Star Ocean looks better.

Some of this is my opinion, of course. Personally I'd say go with Blue Dragon first, but that's just because I absolutely hated the character cast in Star Ocean. If you haven't played Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia, I would suggest those.
---
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
#7XenobowPosted 7/14/2013 12:05:42 PM
Blue Dragon:
- Turn-based battle system
- Better soundtrack

Star Ocean
- Active battle system
- Too long game