This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help! My Xbox 360 disc tray won't open

#1XLegendKillerXPosted 7/14/2013 10:59:59 AM
I have the launch Xbox 360 (White) with the white disc tray and it wont open for anything and i tried sticking a clip in the hole and it wont manually eject the tray either does anyone have any solutions i really dont wanna buy another xbox right now
---
Xbox Live - nukkaniiick
#2TheBlueStigPosted 7/14/2013 11:06:22 AM
Get a stronger paperclip, or go toy our local hardware store and get a steel rod.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3XLegendKillerX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 11:14:58 AM
Do you have to keep pushing after it tries to open and blink? cause i feel a push and i push it and it starts blinking to open and then i stop am i supposed to keep going
---
Xbox Live - nukkaniiick
#4SoincMetalPosted 7/14/2013 11:22:08 AM(edited)
Get a butter knife, jam it right under the tray. Press the eject button then when you hear the motor take the knife out. Tray should pop out.I have to do this if there's no disc in the tray. Keep in mind when sticking the knife if it should not go more than about 2-3 millimeters. Just the tip lol. Also forgot to add the Face plate should be off.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#5XLegendKillerX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 11:25:30 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Get a butter knife, jam it right under the tray. Press the eject button then when you hear the motor take the knife out. Tray should pop out.I have to do this if there's no disc in the tray. Keep in mind when sticking the knife if it should not go more than about 2-3 millimeters. Just the tip lol. Also forgot to add the Face plate should be off.

okay thank you i will try this, does it matter where underneath i put the knife or how big the knife is?
---
Xbox Live - nukkaniiick
#6SoincMetalPosted 7/14/2013 11:31:08 AM(edited)
i usually try to aim for the center, may be off set a little closer to where it says xbox 360. Oh and for the knife size a normal standard butter knife should do the trick, dunno if they come in diffrent sizies or not. Usally there a little on the thick side.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7GGearXPosted 7/14/2013 11:30:22 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Just the tip.

My hips are moving on their own!

Never thought about using a knife. Thanks.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#8RKO_ON_RAWPosted 7/14/2013 3:25:39 PM
I've heard of this problem. Is it exclusive to the old model 360s? Anyway, not sure if true but I've heard that leaving a disc in the tray at all times (even when XBOX is off) helps to prevent this issue.

I've always had a disc in the tray (in my ps3 and 360) whenever they're off.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#9EAErikPosted 7/14/2013 4:08:34 PM
Try putting it on its side if you having it standing