This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slim vs. E: Which to Get?

#1supersonic9123Posted 7/14/2013 4:40:48 PM
Which should I get, the 360 Slim or the new E model? I've heard that the E drops the AV Connector, but I have no friggin' clue what that means.

Also, would getting a 4GB 360 be OK if all I wanted to play were Black Ops 2 (online and offline), GOW: Judgment, GOW3, any (or all) of the Mass Effect games, and Sonic Generations (assuming I didn't get any DLC)?
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/14/2013 4:48:56 PM
Ive had a 360 S since the summer of 2010 and haven't had even ONE error, freeze up, issue, and as long as the power brick is put on a flat sturdy surface like the back of your TV stand I would highly recommend it - why get something untested when you can get something virtually flawless?? I haven't heard of even ONE person having a problem with the 360 S..but i'm sure it's happened - somewhere
#3UozzorPosted 7/14/2013 4:53:56 PM
Slim's more reliable from what I've heard, as the E is smaller so the components are more cramped and likely to overheat. Also they dropped support for component and VGA cables by using a new video port and I believe there's no toslink port. In general the E is more cheaply made.
4 GB will be fine if you don't plan on downloading anything or buying any games that have mandatory installs (Like GTA V). You can always get a USB drive later if those 4 gigs run out.
---
That's not a walrus
#4FTWWholeFnShowPosted 7/14/2013 4:54:59 PM
I say the slim. There's no need to downgrade for the same price.
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
FEAR THE BENNY BOMB!!!!
#5supersonic9123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 4:57:36 PM
Uozzor posted...
Slim's more reliable from what I've heard, as the E is smaller so the components are more cramped and likely to overheat. Also they dropped support for component and VGA cables by using a new video port and I believe there's no toslink port. In general the E is more cheaply made.
4 GB will be fine if you don't plan on downloading anything or buying any games that have mandatory installs (Like GTA V). You can always get a USB drive later if those 4 gigs run out.

What does this all mean (about the ports and cables and what-have-you)? I don't really speak techno-babble.
#6TheBlueStigPosted 7/14/2013 5:00:49 PM
supersonic9123 posted...
Uozzor posted...

What does this all mean (about the ports and cables and what-have-you)? I don't really speak techno-babble.

It means the Slim can do more than the E, period.

The E model is a downgrade.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7Ratlank02RPosted 7/14/2013 5:01:28 PM
The E model is a downgrade.

This. Get a Slim.
---
It irritates me when people say "RPG games".
#8UozzorPosted 7/14/2013 5:09:54 PM
supersonic9123 posted...
Uozzor posted...

You can only use the red white and yellow plugs or HDMI (those cables that only have 1 plug that work with HD TVs and some monitors with the E, while with the Slim you can use those cables, VGA (Blue one that goes into most monitors) and component (The cables with green, blue, red and white plugs). Toslink is a port used for audio, although I don't know much about that since I don't have a surround system.
---
That's not a walrus
#9JanayBerryPosted 7/14/2013 9:33:29 PM(edited)
I am not familiar with E, but I can respond to the 4Gb question:

For the mentioned games you want to play, if you plan on getting the DLC at some point later, then no.

About 3Gb is taken for system storage and updates; you'll be left with a little about 1000MB.
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry, Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
Anticipating arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" 8/27/13. {Excitement!} {Can I have it!?}
#10supersonic9123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 2:30:18 AM
JanayBerry posted...
I am not familiar with E, but I can respond to the 4Gb question:

For the mentioned games you want to play, if you plan on getting the DLC at some point later, then no.

About 3Gb is taken for system storage and updates; you'll be left with a little about 1000MB.

I don't plan on getting any PREMIUM DLC (just the freebie stuff).