This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Captain America is a pretty decent game

#1GSPgreasesPosted 7/14/2013 4:47:28 PM
It steals alot of stuff from Batman games like free flow combat, detection mode, finishing enemies,extras and the open/backtrack aspect.

However its a poor mans batman arkham asylum. I give SEGA props for not creating just a beat em up game like most comic book games are. Cap does a variety of things in this but more combat wouldve made the game so much better

The animations are better than Batman and the combat is just as smooth but Batman had it right with the large fights with enemies. Cap didnt have enough enemies imo. So all that cool combat kinda went to waste in this

still good game even with the hiccups .

7/10

1. Batman city
2. Arkham city
3. Green Lantern
4. Spiderman 3
5. Wolverine Origins
#2triple sPosted 7/14/2013 4:50:17 PM
That framerate is terrible though. It was a big killer in the enjoyment of playing the game.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#3TheRobPosted 7/14/2013 4:56:46 PM
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is lower on your list than Green Lantern and Spiderman 3? How? I'd rate them lower, much lower. In fact I'd say Captain America is a far better game than either of those too. Here's what I thought about the game fresh off of finishing it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/978614-captain-america-super-soldier/62857842

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction should also be on everyone top comic book games list.

My personal list would be something like this:

1.) Batman Arkham series
2.) The Punisher (2005)
3.) The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction
4.) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
5.) Spider-Man: The Movie 2
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#4GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 5:32:36 PM
TheRob posted...
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is lower on your list than Green Lantern and Spiderman 3? How? I'd rate them lower, much lower. In fact I'd say Captain America is a far better game than either of those too. Here's what I thought about the game fresh off of finishing it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/978614-captain-america-super-soldier/62857842

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction should also be on everyone top comic book games list.

1.) Batman Arkham series
2.) The Punisher (2005)

Havent played the HULK game because its like 35 bucks and its 5 years old. Same thing with Ultimate Alliance. Way to expensive for old games.

Anyhow I bought Green Lantern and Cap america the same week. Played and beat GL 1st. Very enjoyable. The game had good visuals, a nice variety of enemies, tough boss battles, and a great customization/upgrade system. I had a great time unlocking the constructs and upgrading the ring,health and all that stuff. Very satisfying game and then i played through it again fully powered and it was great.

Spiderman 3 offered more gameplay variety than Wolverine and took me on a more interesting adventure than Wolverine Origins

My Main gripes with Wolverine Origin
- Graphics are bad
- Same environment throughout the bulk of the game
- Platforming was kinda stale
#5GSPgreases(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 5:44:43 PM
As for the link to the thread, i agree mostly with what MICCA said

''I really liked the game too. I've been replaying it recently after being away from it almost a year. It's a fun game, I just wish there were more enemies. It seems you spend and awful lot of time running through the castle without any resistance.

I also remember being concerned that Chris Evans was going to be as bad in the movie, as the voice acting was in the game. Thankfully, that never happened.''

----

but a few other things kinda brung me out of the mood besides the lack of enemies. The little matching numbers puzzle was so damn easy and tedious

The main boss battles consisted of button mashing sequences

the platforming was kind lame

And I didnt like the fact that he couldnt jump. The superjumps wouldve saved me from doing alot of the platforming needed to get from a to b.
#6CaIiber345Posted 7/14/2013 5:54:07 PM
Captain America was a surprise and a lot of fun to play. I love superhero games, and this one was worthy and fun. It had its issues, but as a poor man's Batman: Arkham, it served its purpose and satisfied.

I'm going:

1. Batman: Arkham Asylum
2. Batman: Arkham City
3. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
4. Xmen Origins: Wolverine
5. Spider-Man 2
6. TIH:UD
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#7ShadowElite86Posted 7/14/2013 6:55:46 PM
TheRob posted...

1.) Batman Arkham series
2.) The Punisher (2005)

Almost the perfect list and order. I personally would put Ultimate Destruction above The Punisher though.
---
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396
#8SunDevil77Posted 7/14/2013 7:02:27 PM
Not enough Amazing Spiderman. Great game. The only gripe I have is the boss fights.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9PatchworkPosted 7/14/2013 9:02:51 PM
I still have the Punisher, and I still play it.

Glorious.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#10Merc123Posted 7/15/2013 12:43:45 AM
I heard it was, never played it though.

My list would be

1. Arkham City
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Lego Batman 2
4. Wolverine
5. Web of Shadows

I didn't count the MUA games since they focus on so many heroes but if did include them i would put them at the top 2 spots. I seriously loved those games. Xmen Legends 2 as well.