This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how much you wanna bet...

#11TheRobPosted 7/15/2013 1:29:06 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
I don't see what the big deal is. I'd rather see exactly how much money a game is. There's nothing worse than being stuck with 200 useless msp.

So spend it on something else, because no matter which currency system they use, you're going to have leftover money, PERIOD.

No thanks. I'd rather not waste my money on stupid avatar items. And correct me if I'm wrong but by MS converting to actual dollar figures, how will I have anything left over after a purchase? Am I missing something?

Well PSN use to allow you to purchase items for the exact amount it was listed at, but last time I used it, it only allowed you to add increments of $5 like Microsoft with it's Point system. Microsoft might just do it the same way.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#12Mellerker38Posted 7/15/2013 1:33:05 PM
Now if I buy the microsoft points pre paid cards in stores will it work on the new system or wait until they test it first but not sure this is the same as the PS3 version of pre paid cards that use real money.

I can't tell if it in CDN or in US currency.
#13darkhare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 1:35:33 PM
TheRob posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
I don't see what the big deal is. I'd rather see exactly how much money a game is. There's nothing worse than being stuck with 200 useless msp.

So spend it on something else, because no matter which currency system they use, you're going to have leftover money, PERIOD.

No thanks. I'd rather not waste my money on stupid avatar items. And correct me if I'm wrong but by MS converting to actual dollar figures, how will I have anything left over after a purchase? Am I missing something?

Well PSN use to allow you to purchase items for the exact amount it was listed at, but last time I used it, it only allowed you to add increments of $5 like Microsoft with it's Point system. Microsoft might just do it the same way.

I seriously doubt that were going to be able to put in a $ amount, most likely it'll be in incremental amounts of $5, $10, $15, etc.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#14SheepinatorPosted 7/15/2013 1:41:52 PM
SoincMetal posted...
there's no different from using points than real money, it just shows you how much it actually cost now.

I've always found it very easy to get points for significantly less than their money cost, but getting money for less than the cost of money, not so much.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#15TheBlueStigPosted 7/15/2013 2:27:00 PM
AWarAmp84 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

Sales Tax.

When you buy things with points you don't get taxed, but when you buy things with "local currency" you get taxed.

So when you buy a $5 "local currency card" to buy that "$5 game", you won't have enough to cover the game AND the sales tax, so you'll have to buy a $10 card, which means, in plain English, that you're going to have money left over no matter which way you buy things.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16Ratlank02RPosted 7/15/2013 2:30:45 PM
Ratlank02R posted...
Ratlank02R posted...
I love it when I get the first vote in a poll.

This.

HAHA! This guy quoted and agreed with himself! What a loser!
---
It irritates me when people say "RPG games".
#17WinternovaPosted 7/15/2013 2:47:37 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

Unless they simply charge your credit card for the exact amount of the transaction, which would eliminate any leftover money in the account. That's how PSN does it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#18SheepinatorPosted 7/15/2013 3:02:18 PM
Winternova posted...
Unless they simply charge your credit card for the exact amount of the transaction, which would eliminate any leftover money in the account. That's how PSN does it.

I thought people were talking about options that don't require giving MS their CC, i.e. buying a card (MSP or currency) in a store. Besides, doesn't PSN require to bill at least $5 or something, with the remainder staying in your PSN wallet?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 7/15/2013 3:09:47 PM(edited)
I know I'll buy less. $5 just sounds worse than 400MSP, and I hesitate even though I'm perfectly able to afford it. I'm sure they'll see some decline. I don't think they'll switch back though, unfortunately.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#20TheBlueStigPosted 7/15/2013 3:15:22 PM
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

This is about using gift cards bought from stores or obtained from online sources, NOT CREDIT CARDS.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin