This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed 2 free the 16, but has 15 dollars of DLC

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/15/2013 3:12:41 PM
Yeah it's going on sale, but did you look at the sale prices?
214MSP?
375MSP?
Did they pull these numbers out of their butts?

http://majornelson.com/
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2pothocketPosted 7/15/2013 3:15:16 PM
inB4everyreplyisaboutpullingstufffrombutts
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3glassghost0Posted 7/15/2013 3:17:12 PM
The prices are based on the new currency value. Yes not everyone is in the Beta but the switch is happening soon.

Who gives a crap how much DLC a game has?

Would people b***** and moan if they gave Rock Band away for free? That game has thousands of dollars worth of DLC. (Of course they would, they're getting something for free so they feel the need to cry and complain because it's not what they wanted.)
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4Gillian SeedPosted 7/15/2013 3:23:25 PM
So? You'd be hard pressed to find games without any DLC. You aren't discovering some sort of conspiracy. I can't think of ten great games that are sans DLC. Well, I can think of some XBLA games, but it doesn't look like XBLA games are going to go over very well.

Though the sale prices are odd.
#5VeryDarkSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 3:30:31 PM
Gillian Seed posted...
So? You'd be hard pressed to find games without any DLC. You aren't discovering some sort of conspiracy. I can't think of ten great games that are sans DLC. Well, I can think of some XBLA games, but it doesn't look like XBLA games are going to go over very well.

it's just the fact microcrap can't actually give us a full product for free. It seems they're going to be selecting only games that have a lot of DLC to hopefully make some money off of it. Like that tower defense game. All the DLC in that game is the same price as the game.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#6glassghost0Posted 7/15/2013 3:31:55 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Gillian Seed posted...

it's just the fact microcrap can't actually give us a full product for free. It seems they're going to be selecting only games that have a lot of DLC to hopefully make some money off of it. Like that tower defense game. All the DLC in that game is the same price as the game.

Dude...

Just stop, you're just embarrassing yourself
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7SunDevil77Posted 7/15/2013 3:32:30 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Gillian Seed posted...

Find me a game that people wouldn't whine about getting that has absolutely no DLC.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8UozzorPosted 7/15/2013 4:06:03 PM
2 of the 3 DLC packs are virtually identical, only difference is that one is slightly more expensive and has an extra assassin tomb to explore. Actually check what it is before complaining.
---
That's not a walrus
#9beautifuldreamsPosted 7/15/2013 4:10:12 PM
1) it's $11 of DLC, the most expensive one already includes one of the others
2) this is actually an interesting example of DLC:
The sequences were intended to be in the game from the get go, but because of time constraints, Ubisoft had to choose between being a crappy employer and working the employees to death, or finishing the game without them, and adding them as DLC later. The games budget didn't include money for this obviously.
So you could look at this as a humane employer, and/or screwing the consumer
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#10darkhorse723Posted 7/15/2013 4:16:02 PM
^ is that a coincidence or convenient?
---
Gamertag: kingofallgaming