This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed 2 free the 16, but has 15 dollars of DLC

#21Pacman2dxPosted 7/15/2013 7:09:58 PM
I kinda agree with TC, this deal would have been much sweeter if they offered a choice of one free DLC with the game - especially for those who've owned the game already. At the same time, you can't argue free .. no matter how you slice it ..
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
''Laugh, and grow fat ..'' - Fatman (MGS2)
#22flame030191Posted 7/15/2013 7:12:02 PM
The DLC really should've been free. Sure, they're optional and add no achievements, but they're still a part of the story initially intended to be included as a part of the original purchase. Ubisoft admitted they messed up and assured everyone they would release them later, then released them at a cost to the players. Essentially, they're charging us extra to complete their game.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#23sec713Posted 7/15/2013 8:49:37 PM
So you get the entire game with all of the DLC for $15. Sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm still kicking myself for not snagging Borderlands 2 for $10 last week. I thought there was already a "game of the year" (or whatever) edition w/ all the DLC. I could've bought the game and the season pass all for $40.
---
Insert signature here.
#24mabber_IIIPosted 7/15/2013 8:56:09 PM
defense grid had lots of dlc as well

all the free games will have lots of dlc, probaly
#25coldblooded88Posted 7/15/2013 9:08:11 PM
Dude you can even earn all the achievements without the DLC. Believe me I did. So stop ******** about the game being incomplete.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#26M_TollitsonPosted 7/16/2013 6:44:05 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
M_Tollitson posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Gillian Seed posted...
So? You'd be hard pressed to find games without any DLC. You aren't discovering some sort of conspiracy. I can't think of ten great games that are sans DLC. Well, I can think of some XBLA games, but it doesn't look like XBLA games are going to go over very well.

Though the sale prices are odd.

it's just the fact microcrap can't actually give us a full product for free. It seems they're going to be selecting only games that have a lot of DLC to hopefully make some money off of it. Like that tower defense game. All the DLC in that game is the same price as the game.

Find me a game that people wouldn't whine about getting that has absolutely no DLC.

Witcher 2

I have it for P.C. I don't need it for 360.
I would rather have Assassin's Creed 2 because I don't already own it.
Whine Whine Whine.

I'm not agreeing with the TC. I think AC2 is a great game to get for free. I was just showing off how big my E-Peen is.
#27SolidStryderPosted 7/16/2013 8:07:25 AM
Must suck being poor, TC.