This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V is literally going to DESTROY everything...

#21Ratlank02RPosted 7/15/2013 4:13:18 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Ratlank02R posted...

What is a "bad game" is subjective. I think it looks like a bad game. That statement is not more or less correct than your opinion.
There's nothing I hate more than people who think other people are "wrong" because they have an unpopular opinion. We both looked at the same information regarding GTA V and came to different conclusions. neither one of us are right or wrong.

A "bad game" is a game that doesn't compete with anything. You're arguing with the wrong person here because, as I've stated several times before, I can play any game out there. Do I have to like the game? No? But I don't put games down.

You don't have the ability to differentiate between a game that "You don't like" and whether or not the game is "Good or not."

If you had the ability to not be biased towards games, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

We're talking about Rockstar here. They are one of the top Developers out there. They don't make bad games because they know what they're doing.

Do I like every Rockstar game? No. So I'm not fanboying over them.

When you look at everything that has been released of GTA 5 and say that it looks bad and it doesn't look like a "good" game, that's just foolish.

I am perfectly capable of not liking a game and still thinking it is good. Animal Crossing, for example.
A "bad game" is whatever the person in question decides is a "bad game". It has no set definition, because it is an opinion. Also, you're much more bias than I am. I've both enjoyed and disliked Rockstar's previous games, and was indifferent when first hearing about GTA V. You, however, can watch some trailers and suddenly come to the conclusion it's a "good game" and one that "should be appreciated".
Again, what is a good game and a bad game is AN OPINION. Having some huge budget and a lot of content does not automatically make a game good in my eyes.
---
It irritates me when people say "RPG games".
#22Ratlank02RPosted 7/15/2013 4:15:28 PM
A game could cost $1 billion to make, have the greatest graphics possible, have an unrealistic amount of content and receive 10/10 scores from everyone on Earth except me. I would still not be wrong if I called it a "bad game" if I thought it was bad, because what is "bad" and "good" is subjective.
---
#23glassghost0Posted 7/15/2013 4:21:19 PM
Ratlank02R posted...

I am perfectly capable of not liking a game and still thinking it is good. Animal Crossing, for example.
A "bad game" is whatever the person in question decides is a "bad game". It has no set definition, because it is an opinion. Also, you're much more bias than I am. I've both enjoyed and disliked Rockstar's previous games, and was indifferent when first hearing about GTA V. You, however, can watch some trailers and suddenly come to the conclusion it's a "good game" and one that "should be appreciated".
Again, what is a good game and a bad game is AN OPINION. Having some huge budget and a lot of content does not automatically make a game good in my eyes.

You aren't showing it. You're aren't understanding the whole concept of a "bad game."

I have zero bias towards games. You're the one who's looking at all the info/etc.. and saying it looks bad.

From what I've seen, yes it looks good. But that's not even important, because the chance of this game being "bad," "not good," whatever, is extremely small.

This is Rockstar we're talking about, they know what they're doing. So yeah, it boils down to the individual opinion on the game and whether or not that opinion is biased or not.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#24glassghost0Posted 7/15/2013 4:23:12 PM
Ratlank02R posted...
A game could cost $1 billion to make, have the greatest graphics possible, have an unrealistic amount of content and receive 10/10 scores from everyone on Earth except me. I would still not be wrong if I called it a "bad game" if I thought it was bad, because what is "bad" and "good" is subjective.

That's my whole point, and you just proved me right.

You don't have the ability to give something credit where credit is due.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not good.
---
No Thanks
#25DRzCalderon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 4:26:43 PM
Ratlank02R posted...

I remember you stating in a previous post that the amount of content or graphics really isn't the issue but the quality. What I'd like to find out is what is quality in your definition?

Rockstar = Quality. In my opinion of course. But in my informed opinion from my experience, QUALITY is detail, type of game engine which consist physics, animation, and why not even graphics.

Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3 from a technical aspect NOT content is astoundingly amazing. From the fluidity and detail during gameplay they are amongst the very selected few to qualify in my books as games with phenomenal quality.
---
It's very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. -Mental Imagery.
#26shinobisBACKPosted 7/15/2013 4:30:19 PM
never seen someone so caught up in their own bull**** before... ratlank; the definition of grasping at straws.
#27Ratlank02RPosted 7/15/2013 4:30:27 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Ratlank02R posted...

You're wrong. There are entire genres of games that I don't like but can appreciate certain games within them. I don't like JRPGs but give credit to Chrono Trigger for being a good game, even though I don't particularly like it. You're coming to absurd conclusions because I don't like the look of GTA V. I do not think I would enjoy GTA V. I also think it does not look like a good game. If you're not going to understand that what is "good" and what is "bad" is purely AN OPINION, there's little point in this continuing. Just because it's a big budget, AAA game with an impressive amount of content, it does not mean I have to thing it's a "good" game, and I am certainly not wrong to think it looks bad. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
---
#28Carribean_CoolPosted 7/15/2013 4:35:54 PM
Game's not even out yet and people are already defending it.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#29KaeporoPosted 7/15/2013 4:37:04 PM
I did enjoy GTA4 but the entire experience felt extremely shallow and bland once I finished the main story. The others games were a bit more fun but the franchise itself has never really appealed to me.

There just doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of stuff to do. You can't speak to the overwhelming majority of NPCs nor can you enter many buildings. Not that there would be a whole lot to do in them anyway.

I'll wait for reviews on this game. If it's truly awesome and it adds actual meaningful content, I might pick it up.
---
Gamertag-Kaeporo
Official Zweihander of the Dark Souls board
#30glassghost0Posted 7/15/2013 4:37:17 PM
Ratlank02R posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Ratlank02R posted...

You're wrong. There are entire genres of games that I don't like but can appreciate certain games within them. I don't like JRPGs but give credit to Chrono Trigger for being a good game, even though I don't particularly like it. You're coming to absurd conclusions because I don't like the look of GTA V. I do not think I would enjoy GTA V. I also think it does not look like a good game. If you're not going to understand that what is "good" and what is "bad" is purely AN OPINION, there's little point in this continuing. Just because it's a big budget, AAA game with an impressive amount of content, it does not mean I have to thing it's a "good" game, and I am certainly not wrong to think it looks bad. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

You aren't understanding....
---
No Thanks