This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft Points: The End

#1supersonic9123Posted 7/15/2013 5:14:21 PM
When is Microsoft officially discontinuing Microsoft Points? I'm a little unsure of the exact date. Also, is it true that they are going to raise prices when this happens?
#2Mellerker38Posted 7/15/2013 5:29:31 PM
It already happend.
#3VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/15/2013 5:29:59 PM
yup everything is going to cost more, look at the assassins creed dlc sale. 800 point dlc going down to 536 points, when normally a sale would probably take it down to 400 points. I'm not buying anything more from the xbox live marketplace.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#4supersonic9123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 5:31:53 PM
Mellerker38 posted...
It already happend.

Everything is still listed in Microsoft Points.
#5TrugamerPosted 7/15/2013 5:33:46 PM
Yeah no need for points anymore you just ring it up straight to the CC on your account.
#6supersonic9123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 5:33:52 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
yup everything is going to cost more, look at the assassins creed dlc sale. 800 point dlc going down to 536 points, when normally a sale would probably take it down to 400 points. I'm not buying anything more from the xbox live marketplace.

Is this just speculation, or fact? Is the DLC you are talking about going down temporarily, or permanently? And how much more would everything cost? I'd think the community would absolutely explode with rage if Microsoft jacked up the prices - and they may very well back down, if the Xboner fiasco is anything to go by.
#7darkharePosted 7/15/2013 5:35:22 PM
Trugamer posted...
Yeah no need for points anymore you just ring it up straight to the CC on your account.

Ms is not going to force me to put my credit card on the 360, if this is the only way to buy points ill never buy points again.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#8TheBlueStigPosted 7/15/2013 6:51:55 PM
Mellerker38 posted...
It already happend.

Only for people in the beta, the rest of the 360 users on the planet are still running on points.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#9beautifuldreamsPosted 7/15/2013 7:12:57 PM(edited)
they don't give a date, just:
We are excited to announce that, as part of the next Xbox 360 system update,
&
When you initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card or code with your Microsoft account after the next Xbox 360 system update, we’ll add to your account an amount of currency equal to or greater than the Marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The currency we add to your account at the time of the transition will expire on June 1, 2015. However, the currency you purchase and add to your account after the transition will not expire.
^
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

xbox rewards states that it will deposit all pending points into your account on August 7th (even if it's under 100), and to come back on September 1st for the full scoop on the new rewards. take that for what you will
#10Gillian SeedPosted 7/15/2013 7:19:03 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...

That's not costing more. That's just a crappy sale. We've even seen worse discounts in the past. If this week's XBLA game cost something like 446 MSP or 850 MSP then we'll have a case of things already starting to cost more.