This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft Points: The End

#21AWarAmp84Posted 7/16/2013 7:53:26 AM
LOL at all the people who don't have a credit card. If used properly, they are actually quite useful. To the kids who are too young... suck it up.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#22Dragon NexusPosted 7/17/2013 5:34:40 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
darkhare posted...
Trugamer posted...
Yeah no need for points anymore you just ring it up straight to the CC on your account.

Ms is not going to force me to put my credit card on the 360, if this is the only way to buy points ill never buy points again.

You know PSN works by currency instead of points right? And you know PSN sells cards to top your wallet up, right?

Yeah, and every user on PSN was HACKED. Credit card information and all.

Err.....so?
How is that relevent to whether points are better than currency?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#23killtacular30Posted 7/17/2013 1:13:23 PM
It seem doing away with Microsoft points is a way for them to make more money off gamers, because once it ends no more getting free points from places, so that you can use on getting games or dlc without having to have bought the points... Plus if your having to pay with credit card you will more than likely be charged for tax. Maybe Microsoft is doing way with the points because they have now started giving away free games to gold members but so far no real good games and there only a couple to choose from. I think am done with Xbox Live, because you get way better deal on the playstation network and it's only 50 a year compared to 60 with Xbox and you get way more free games plus better quality games you wanna play... I just don't feel like am getting my money worth with Microsoft with there Xbox Live... I don't play a whole lot online and don't get a chance to play a lot either for me to wanna keep playing 60 a year, just so I can play online, at least with Playstaion plus I get a lot of free games a month to play... Like right now you can get the new Bioshock game for free which that game still cost 40 buck new in store, so that one game alone is almost what Playstation plus cost for a year, so might as well pay 10 more and get all the other games you get free to...
#24squarex8264Posted 7/17/2013 1:22:02 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Typical sale prices for 800 point games is around 50% discount, so 400 points and it's always been done in 20 point increments. But that price of 536 points is a lesser discount, and a very weird number for ANYTHING on the marketplace.

Wait, so now 33% off the original price is some weird, magical number for a sale? o_O

Taking 1/3rd of the price off of something is pretty standard, and has happened during other sales before. Do you think all sale prices need to be in multiples of 25%?
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#25beautifuldreamsPosted 7/17/2013 1:37:07 PM
i remember quite a few sales where the item was on sale for 540points
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#26rincewind1990Posted 7/17/2013 1:45:10 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
darkhare posted...
Trugamer posted...
Yeah no need for points anymore you just ring it up straight to the CC on your account.

Ms is not going to force me to put my credit card on the 360, if this is the only way to buy points ill never buy points again.

You know PSN works by currency instead of points right? And you know PSN sells cards to top your wallet up, right?

Yeah, and every user on PSN was HACKED. Credit card information and all.

Err.....so?
How is that relevent to whether points are better than currency?

He didn't say that they were he just said that he wouldn't give MS his credit card details.
#27WinternovaPosted 7/17/2013 1:47:43 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
Same here. I don't understand why some people just love using their CC everywhere. Microsoft has a poor history of making unauthorized charges to credit cards, so I play it safe with the cards.

Microsoft has had my credit card info through Xbox LIVE and not once have I experienced an unauthorized charge.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#28ssj5goku2005Posted 7/23/2013 12:15:09 PM
so will MSP cease to exist on the 360 as well or will we only have to use money on the XB1?
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#29SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 12:17:18 PM
ssj5goku2005 posted...
so will MSP cease to exist on the 360 as well or will we only have to use money on the XB1?

On 360 too, as soon as you get the new dashboard update and attempt to buy anything.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.