This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the whole change to Japan, download Monster Hunter still work?

#11kingekingePosted 7/16/2013 12:26:25 AM
It hasn't worked in like 5 months, they ran out of codes and I don't think they will be refilling them.
#12MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 12:50:54 AM
kingekinge posted...
It hasn't worked in like 5 months, they ran out of codes and I don't think they will be refilling them.

That was the answer I was looking for in the first place lol thanks.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#13TheRobPosted 7/16/2013 8:54:30 AM
MetaXGross posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
Just use this to get a free month
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285402-one-month-of-xbox-live-free-silver-members-only/

Oh you don't know how much I'd love to do that, but I & no one I know has a credit/debt card or is willing to let me use theres.

Make a PayPal account and add it as a payment option, works just the same.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#14MetaXGross(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 8:59:17 AM
TheRob posted...
MetaXGross posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
Just use this to get a free month
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/285402-one-month-of-xbox-live-free-silver-members-only/

Oh you don't know how much I'd love to do that, but I & no one I know has a credit/debt card or is willing to let me use theres.

Make a PayPal account and add it as a payment option, works just the same.

I need to link a bank account of some sort to it for that though right?
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#15Seanie1200Posted 7/16/2013 11:06:46 AM(edited)
i tried t the other day with my Japanese silver account on my Uk xbox and it didnt work. Not sure about other regions but I think it would pick up that your ip address is not Japanese. Its worth a try though.

** edit **

I just tried it with Monster Hunter Frontier G (its on the games tab on the Japanese marketplace) and it was the same as before - a 20mb download that generates a code. This time the code was in Japanese text, not the usual 25 digit MS codes and as I cant read Japanese I couldnt input it. For anyone who can read Japanese give it a try.
#16Super CreaturesPosted 7/16/2013 4:43:04 PM
MetaXGross posted...
I need to link a bank account of some sort to it for that though right?

Or a credit card.

If you're 18, you can go get a pre-paid one and use that for PayPal (I recommend Bluebird, by American Express, from Walmart, $5 for the starter card, but no monthly fee, free to add funds to the card at Walmart, and if you have to you can buy Greendot money paks at almost any gas station and reload it with those, but they cost like $5 and have a minimum required amount of $20).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#17MrFwibblesPosted 7/17/2013 4:55:08 AM(edited)
MetaXGross posted...
kingekinge posted...

Incorrect, they did refill them. I did it a couple of months ago and got a bunch of codes.

EDIT: I actually just got a 48-hour code from this a minute ago, so yes it definitely still works.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#18DougEInstructorPosted 7/17/2013 11:02:12 AM
MrFwibbles posted...
MetaXGross posted...
kingekinge posted...

Incorrect, they did refill them. I did it a couple of months ago and got a bunch of codes.

EDIT: I actually just got a 48-hour code from this a minute ago, so yes it definitely still works.

Can you explain how this works exactly?
#19MrFwibblesPosted 7/20/2013 12:10:58 PM(edited)
DougEInstructor posted...
Can you explain how this works exactly?

1) Go to Settings > System > Console Settings > Language and Locale and set your locale to Japan
2) Go to Social > Sign In or Out and Create Profile (say yes if prompted to sign out)
3) Enter a profile name. You can stick with the default "Player1" to save time, it's not important
4) Select the default avatar and select Save and Exit
5) Under the Home tab, select the image of the dragon with the purple and orange Japanese text. If it's not there, look under the Games tab
6) Hit LB twice and select the large image with the black and blue dragon that says "MHF" and "Xbox LIVE" in the bottom-right corner.
7) You'll be prompted to create a LIVE account, so select Sign Up

[Note: You may get an error here because Xbox Live has been screwy for the past couple of days, just keep trying if you do]

8) Enter your first name, can be fake, I just use the letter Q
9) Enter a fake e-mail address ending in @gmail.com such as "gamefaqs945tyhwt3@gmail.com". You don't need to remember it, so make sure it's random enough that it's not somebody's real e-mail
10) Choose a password: don't use a password that you use anywhere else. You will need to enter it again so do remember what you wrote.
11) Select a secret question. I just use the top one. It says that your answer must be more than 5 characters long, but 5 characters exactly is OK. Write a word of 5 letters or more in length.
12) Say you were born in 1994 or earlier (otherwise you'll have to set up another parent account) and keep hitting confirm/continue/accept
13) Now you have a Japanese Live account, hit B (you don't want Gold)
14) Go back to the picture of the dragon with the purple and orange text, and back over to the left to the image of the black and blue dragon that says "MHF" and "Xbox LIVE" in the bottom-right corner. Confirm the download of the 19.20MB file
15) Go to "My Games" and launch "MHF- G - Free Download"
16) Press Start, wait for it to connect to the server and load the webpage
17) Here is where you lurn2japanese - bring the cursor over to the small white box. The five words (written in black) above the box are numbers written in katakana, hiragana or kanji. What you need to do is decipher the words and write the numericals into the box. For example, I see "zero go zero ichi kyuu" so I need to enter 05019. Here's a chart that should help: http://i.imgur.com/tp3urdf.jpg When you've entered the code, highlight the large red box underneath and hit A.
18) If you entered the correct code, you'll be taken to a webpage with 2 codes on it. The top code is for a 48 hour trial gold membership, and the bottom one is for a demo of Monster Hunter Frontier G. Write down whatever codes interest you. If you didn't enter the right code, exit to the Dashboard and go to step 15.
19) Go to System Settings > Console Settings > Language and Locale and set your Locale back to whatever it was before.
20) Delete the 19.20MB "game" and the profile you made (each download will only give you one code and each profile can only get one code).

If you want more 48-hour codes, go to step 1.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#20vigorm0rtisPosted 7/20/2013 12:09:36 PM
MetaXGross posted...
Nevermind...I sat here for 40 minutes trying to translate the 5 Japanese #'s only to have it fail on me so screw that idea -.- Guess i'll just have to wait till I can get 699 Bing Rewards points for a 1-month

Just go to Target, Walmart, Meijer, GS, whatever, and buy some for cash.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF