This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys think about Front Mission Evolved?

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 7/16/2013 6:46:44 AM
I can get it for about $3.00. Worth a buy? I don't care about story or voice acting, rpesentation...etc, I just like action.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#2ChipChippersonPosted 7/16/2013 7:14:47 AM
I've been eyeballing that game simply because it's a mech game. God knows that's a genre that devs can't be bothered with anymore.

IMO any game is worth picking up for $3.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#3djwagonPosted 7/16/2013 7:23:31 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
I've been eyeballing that game simply because it's a mech game. God knows that's a genre that devs can't be bothered with anymore.

IMO any game is worth picking up for $3.

no this is a mech game .all others are just copies or tryhards trying to be like this here is link please watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwr4Kx2_4tw
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#4JascoDPosted 7/16/2013 7:37:55 AM
For 3 bucks, sure! I would even buy a MGS game if it was 3 bucks.

But, dont expect a great game...

Shame. Front Mission was badass on the PSX. Now its castrated.
---
I <3 Dead Space.
#5Killah PriestPosted 7/16/2013 7:43:27 AM
it was decent and fun for a bit.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Slyde1052Posted 7/16/2013 7:54:43 AM
Its actually pretty fun. It's no longer a "I'll press confirm and go downstairs to make a sandwich" game (aka Tactics), so if you have no motor skills, look elsewhere. Its more like Armored Core but with the Front Mission style of mechs.

It could have been a great spin-off of the series, but when acne-riddled geeks found out they had to focus instead of nonchalantly pressing in a few commands then continuing to look up dirty pictures of Misty from Pokemon, they got a little upset. So upset, in fact, that they chomped on their hotpockets so hard in angst, it opened on the other end and they spilled hot cheesy bacon on their collective crotches.

And yeah, seriously, dude...3 bones? duuuu ettttttt
---
GT: Rivvik
#7VasDeferensPosted 7/16/2013 10:08:24 AM
Totally different game mechanics from the previous Front Mission games, so it will take some culture shock to get over it . For the record, I do like them to stay with the turn based format .
#8Kojima_FanPosted 7/16/2013 12:25:50 PM
You'll get a playthru or 2 out of it, online community is dead, and the only people I ever saw jump on were way too good at the game with high level parts and such.
---
MGO(2) Name: epidemic | Clan: (Q) [retired]
Currently Playing: Crysis, Metal Gear Rising, Skyrim(360), Zelda: Oracle of Ages(3DS)