This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SNES Vs 360

#1rhh3713Posted 7/16/2013 7:16:45 AM
One is a simple yet very fun piece of hardware that's about 20 years old, the other is a powerhouse of graphics, gaming, entertainment, and everything else at your fingertips.

One you might have to give a blowjob to and tap around a little, the other you might have to unplug and restart five times, clean the disk about 4 times, and repeat the entire process when the game freezes once you finally get it started up.

So in conclusion why is that my 20 yo piece of hardware that my parents gave me for free more reliable than the 4 yo piece of hardware that I paid I think about $250 for?
#2Malibu2005Posted 7/16/2013 7:18:29 AM
Consoles with no moving parts seem to last longer. Also, probably because they did not produce much heat.
#3Mindwipe77Posted 7/16/2013 7:22:28 AM
no moving parts for sure, my atari 2600 i got in 1982 still works while im on my 3rd 360
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Lightning's #1 fan
#4pothocketPosted 7/16/2013 7:24:27 AM
Hey guys, why is my calculator more stable than my desktop pc?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5GGearXPosted 7/16/2013 7:24:54 AM
Because Snes has bad graphics , thats why it lasts longer. It uses less power. Also 360 has more good games. Played the top 15 games of snes the past few months for the first time. I don't get whats so special about super metroid or chrono trigger. They were good. but not OMG amazing.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#6rhh3713(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 7:29:02 AM
All fair points but if your going to design something like a 360 at least strive to minimize these issues as much as possible, I rarely if ever move my 360, and keep it more than well ventilated, even vacuuming the dust out of the vents and yet it still decides to start dying on me. I'm just not very happy at the prospect of possibly having to buy another 360.
#7AndyJoe89Posted 7/16/2013 7:31:09 AM
GGearX posted...
Because Snes has bad graphics , thats why it lasts longer.

Lol, bad graphics. They may have "bad graphics," but those games are timeless.
---
He's not your average Joe. AndyJoe89 has been unlocked!
You donít have time to ponder such questions, as Munchlax has just eaten a Smash Ball!!!
#8GGearXPosted 7/16/2013 7:33:39 AM
AndyJoe89 posted...
GGearX posted...
Because Snes has bad graphics , thats why it lasts longer.

Lol, bad graphics. They may have "bad graphics," but those games are timeless.

Timeless, but still graphics were worse. Its common sense dont you think?
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#9AWarAmp84Posted 7/16/2013 7:34:47 AM
GGearX posted...
Because Snes has bad graphics , thats why it lasts longer. It uses less power. Also 360 has more good games. Played the top 15 games of snes the past few months for the first time. I don't get whats so special about super metroid or chrono trigger. They were good. but not OMG amazing.

For their time they were amazing games. You weren't by any chance born in the 90's were you?
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#10SunDevil77Posted 7/16/2013 7:37:04 AM
rhh3713 posted...
All fair points but if your going to design something like a 360 at least strive to minimize these issues as much as possible, I rarely if ever move my 360, and keep it more than well ventilated, even vacuuming the dust out of the vents and yet it still decides to start dying on me. I'm just not very happy at the prospect of possibly having to buy another 360.

The slim is close to flawless
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539