This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a disc is damaged beyond repair...

#1HXC1080Posted 7/16/2013 9:22:56 AM
And I am unable to install the game to my hard drive, would it better for me to buy a new disc or buy the game on demand? I could see the benefits of getting the game on demand (not having to worry about damaged disks) but are there any drawbacks? Which would be the better option?
#2AWarAmp84Posted 7/16/2013 9:32:34 AM
In most cases you can find a used copy of the game you're looking to buy for a lot less in physical form. On Demand is a bit of a rip off IMO.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#3Net SharkPosted 7/16/2013 9:35:16 AM
^ this. Check the pricing of both and see the on demand price is higher.
---
Shark week: it's a bad week to be a seal. http://youtu.be/bhGV23y1zgg
#4VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/16/2013 10:00:02 AM
if the game cracked on its own the company should replace it free, thats how i replaced my copy of dark souls, even out of warranty. if you destroyed it, stop treating your discs like coasters
---
Ron Paul 2012
#5FTWWholeFnShowPosted 7/16/2013 10:59:03 AM
It all depends on the game. Orange box katamari, just cause 2, bully all cheaper on GoD than a physical copy. I love my digital games. Less discs to keep up with but it's not for everyone.
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-XBL: Bennyhanna79
FEAR THE BENNY BOMB!!!!
#6ImMrMojoRisinPosted 7/16/2013 11:19:04 AM
FTWWholeFnShow posted...
It all depends on the game. Orange box katamari, just cause 2, bully all cheaper on GoD than a physical copy. I love my digital games. Less discs to keep up with but it's not for everyone.

I agree, digital is awesome. I just got WWE All Stars through On Demand. I had it when it forst came out, but I haven't seen it in stores for a while now. That's another good thing about digital. You don't have to worry about it being out of stock.