This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed 2 price?

#1DivineFistOkaPosted 7/16/2013 1:27:29 PM
Supposed to be free, but when I open the dialog to start a download, there's no button to start the download, it says 'free (plus tax)' and wants me to allow it to charge microsoft points.

I don't recall this with Fable 3, which I also downloaded free with the games for gold, so what kind of hidden fee is this, and how many microsoft points is said hidden fee, since it doesn't appear to specify?
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#2glassghost0Posted 7/16/2013 1:29:22 PM
dude, there's no hidden fee, download it and go away
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3DivineFistOka(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:41:21 PM(edited)
There's no reason to be rude. I would think anyone would take the reasonable precaution when they see something unusual like this (Unusual to me anyway, since I seldom do digital buys. In fact, never unless they've been free) to check and make sure they aren't about to be charged some amount of money because they didn't understand something. I apologize if this is some sort of common question, but without asking, I would've actually risked money. There was no call to be rude in telling me to 'go away'...

Edit: That said, thank you for answering. Don't know why this one did this when Fable 3 didn't.
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#4glassghost0Posted 7/16/2013 1:38:27 PM
whatever
---
No Thanks
#5SoincMetalPosted 7/16/2013 1:40:42 PM(edited)
if they do charge you call MS support and raise hell cause it's supposed to be free. The only thing that wouldn't make it free is that you don't have XBL gold.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6NauticalDisastaPosted 7/16/2013 1:41:22 PM
DivineFistOka posted...
There's no reason to be rude. I would think anyone would take the reasonable precaution when they see something unusual like this (Unusual to me anyway, since I seldom do digital buys. In fact, never unless they've been free) to check and make sure they aren't about to be charged some amount of money because they didn't understand something. I apologize if this is some sort of common question, but without asking, I would've actually risked money. There was no call to be rude in telling me to 'go away'...

I recommend putting glass on ignore or just tag him so you know what kind of post you'll be reading. As for your question, just switch to "buy with microsoft points" and go ahead with the download. There are never any hidden fees associated with free downloads on the marketplace.
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#7pepsiboy95620Posted 7/16/2013 1:41:39 PM
Was your monies threatened? Because u didn't learn to read? Go away.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#8glassghost0Posted 7/16/2013 1:42:35 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
DivineFistOka posted...

I recommend putting glass on ignore or just tag him so you know what kind of post you'll be reading. As for your question, just switch to "buy with microsoft points" and go ahead with the download. There are never any hidden fees associated with free downloads on the marketplace.

lol, do you have me on ignore or tagged? What does my tag say?
---
No Thanks
#9glassghost0Posted 7/16/2013 1:45:37 PM(edited)
As for being rude, sure people might have taken that as being rude, but I always answer people's questions.

I'm not rude when people use common sense.
---
No Thanks
#10WinternovaPosted 7/16/2013 1:53:39 PM
DivineFistOka posted...
Supposed to be free, but when I open the dialog to start a download, there's no button to start the download, it says 'free (plus tax)' and wants me to allow it to charge microsoft points.

It does that with every single free item.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)